Friday, November 5, 2021

FMS510 Big Fat Turkey

 Happy Friday, everyone!  YAY!  The weekend is upon us!  I made a monochromatic Thanksgiving card for the FMS sketch, created by the oh-so-talented Jen M, and it features a big, fat turkey!  Here's the sketch:

And here's my card:


I had this die-cut panel of Naturals White cardstock sitting in my file, so I thought it would be a good starting place.  The turkey and sentiment are from the retired Day of Thanks; turkey is stamped in Cinnamon Cider and the sentiment in Early Espresso.  I stamped the horizontal panel with an old background stamp, I think it's called Flannel or something, I bought it used. The mats are Early Espresso, including the suede ribbon, although it looks black here!



I mounted everything on a Crumb Cake card base and stamped the sentiment and feather from the same set on the inside!   Thanks for popping in today!



A busy day at school means you crash on the couch before dinner!  Ginger looks quite at home!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!




Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Day of Thanks
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cinnamon Cider, Naturals White (ret), Crumb Cake DSP
 Ink Cinnamon Cider, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand
Accessories Early Espresso Suede Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Layering Circle Dies, Stitched Shape Dies (ret),Lacy Scallop Frame Die (Reverse Confetti)

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your card design, colors and that's a great stamp set! Have a blessed weekend.

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card for Thanksgiving and I love the background with that great framing die-cut! Looks like Cassidy found a toasty warm place to snooze after a hard day at school! So cute!

I Card Everyone said...

Yay for weekends! Love this big ol' bird - especially stamped in this wonderful Cinnamon Cider color!
Imagine my surprise yesterday morning when I looked out and saw six turkeys munching on my Winterberries???!!! this I expected on 2.5 acres of woods - but in a subdivision?? They took off flying when the neighbors dog started chasing them - what a sight that was!!
=]

Robin said...

Lovely card. Is the scallop edge frame retired or still available (can’t find on internet using description provided). Also, thank you for posting folding instructions from earlier card. Much appreciated as fold outs are fun additions!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a regal image! Perfect Thanksgiving card!

Bonnie said...

What a great turkey, LeAnne! Love that plaid paper too!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving card. I love how you framed the handsome turkey with all those gorgeous layers.

Jen Timko said...

Love your pretty colors and that great plaid. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!