Monday, January 18, 2021

IC082 You're All Heart

Happy Monday, peeps!  Hope you had a good weekend!  When we went to church yesterday, we found this in our pew! Our minister's children (actually I think it was his 4-year-old daughter mostly) wrote notes and put them on all the seats along with a life saver candy.  SO SWEET!  


His children are adorable and he and his wife are doing a fabulous job raising them to love the Lord and think of others! Knowing how everyone, including kids, love to get mail, I thought I would send them a thank you card! I used the sketch from Inspire.Create:

and stamps from Hot Dog and Lots of Heart to create my card for them:


I used some retired SAB paper for the background, and diecut four heart "balloons" (one for each child) from Poppy Parade cardstock and drew strings to my little pup's collar:


I added a sentiment at the bottom, plus stamped some hearts from both sets:


I hope they enjoy it and know how much we love and appreciate them!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy got some tips from Grampy about yoyo-ing over the weekend....she learned that the more she practiced, the better she got!



We also thought we'd better get Grampy his own yoyo, as he seemed to have as much fun playing with it as Cassidy did!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lots of Heart, Hot Dog
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, Painted Seasons DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black, Early Espresso, Poppy Parade
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Blends, Sahara Sand Marker, White Gel Pen

10 comments:

Wendy said...

OMGosh, this is adorable! I love the reason you made this card, LeAnne! The note & lifesaver was such a wonderful, thoughtful thing to do in these scary times we are living in! Your pastor's children will love this card! I love how you created the heart balloons! Well done! :)

Bonnie said...

Those sweet children will love this card, LeAnne! The pooch is adorable and the stitched heart balloons such fun!

I Card Everyone said...

God love those darling kids - what a darling idea! Wonder if they thought of it all on their own?
If they have a dachshund, or even if they don't, they will love and appreciate your sweet thank you, LeAnne!
Speaking of dogs... did Miss C learn to walk the dog? You're introducing her to our own childhood, John - next up: pick up sticks, or jacks?!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This card is so cute....just like your treat! What a sweet note to find!

Tracy Grauer said...

Sweet reason for the card and the card is great! That Hot Dog set is growing on me! Thanks for sharing!

Kampin' Karen said...

What a fantastic card! I used to love yo yo's. Do you remember Dick Smothers' Yo Yo Man? Cassidy is getting tall!! Have a blessed day.

Denise Willerton said...

what a beautiful gesture of love from his children <3 ~ so so sweet ~ love your card ... oh I think I need to jump in on that challenge ~ I've been having so much fu lately getting back into regular challenges!!! Go Cassidy Go ~ have a blessed day LeAnne :-)

Lisa Elton said...

How precious is that! They are going to love this darling card, LeAnne ~ I do! When our son was about Cassidy's age, we saw a lady doing a yo-yo demonstration at the mall. She picked him from the audience to do a trick. I don't remember what is was, but he was thrilled and received an autographed picture when it was over! He played with his yo-yo forever after that. He learned several new tricks from her too!

Jan Clothier said...

Very sweet, LeAnne! The stitched heart 'balloons' are both adorable and cleverly done. I'm sure they'll love to receive it.

Verity said...

Cute card!