Thursday, January 28, 2021

IB159 Tweet Messages

Hello, sweet friends!  Hope your week is going well so far!  Our Inspired By challenge is a "tweet" one for sure!  Check this out....isn't he a cutie?

 

I knew just what stamp set I wanted to use, so I set to work, stamping my little bird on some watercolor paper with Stazon ink and coloring him in:


Yes, it's our little friend from Free as a Bird!  Here's a closeup:


I colored him with blue hues of Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight and Pacific Point, then added Flirty Flamingo for his chest and flower.  The leaves were stamped with Antique Linen Tim Holtz ink, then watercolored with Granny Apple Green.  Originally I had tried to do some "no-line" watercoloring but I did not like how the final image look, so I opted for Stazon.  The final addition was some Gray Granite speckles and watercolor in the background.  I used the optional sketch as well:


I pulled out some retired papers to complement my little tweetie and added some Balmy Blue diecut borders!  Hope you'll play along with us this week!  The DT has some ADORABLE takes on the challenge photo and I know you will too!  Can't wait to see them at Inspired By!  Thanks for popping in today!

This picture just cracks me up....Cassidy looks so serene, but Eden has this look in her eyes as if to say...."what is going on here?"....too funny!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!  


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Free as a Bird
Card stock & Papers     Watercolor Paper, Balmy Blue, Come Sail Away DSP, Bird Ballad DSP (both ret)
 Ink Stazon Black, Antique Linen (TH), Gray Granite, Balmy Blue, Misty Moonlight, Pacific Point, Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamigo
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Be Mind Dies, Aquapainter

8 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LOve how you've perched your bluebird in front of that moon-shape, LeAnne! Tweet as can be!
Eden is wearing that penguin's look! YIKES!
=]

Bonnie said...

Such a tweet little bird, LeAnne! Beautifully colored!

Danni Reid said...

I LOVE everything about your card LeAnne! I love how you watercolored your bird, it is so beautiful and feels regal, and your interpretation of the sketch with your choices of patterns is so inspiring and so gorgeous!

Lorraine said...

Ahh, my favorite bird - so beautifully done!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh gosh is this perfectly lovely! Every little detail is marvelous!

Vicky Hayes said...

I can never resist a bird so I'll be joining in with this week's IB I hope! Your take is wonderful LeAnne! Love that little bird perched on his branch. Poor old Eden! No matter how much humans love hugging our dogs, they really don't feel the same way :/
Vicky x

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne, your take on the sketch is just beautiful! Love the tweet bird image.

Such a sweet picture of Cassidy and Eden :) !!!

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful - you do have a way with birds!