Saturday, January 30, 2021

Encouragement Cards

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I have three really quick cards today.  My TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly) group is having a challenge this month and we are to send notes, texts or emails to encourage each other throughout the week! Well, of course, I would choose to send some notes.  I need to make several, so I first decided to use the one-layer challenge at Always Fun to create some real simple cards using a really "retro" stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms called Weighty Matters!  Here we go:

 


Now remember, these are uber-simple...stamps, ink and paper (and a die and a punch) so keep that in mind!  I just love the image of this well-dressed lady freaking out at her weight....but her German shepherd doesn't seem to realize he's the cause of her distress!  She was stamped in Merry Merlot, and I used the new Stitched With Whimsy die on the front of the card for some interest.


The smaller card uses this funny pup image, gazing forlornly at the number on the scale:


I added a sentiment from the same set and some little doggie prints from the new Hot Dog sest, then added these on the inside:


And I'm going to pop one more in here....this was made with the Tailored Tag punch and some pretty coordinating DSPs....again, very simple but easy!  The sentiment is from the retired Sweet Stuff:



Hopefully they'll give my friends some encouragement!  Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy your day and be blessed!

First and Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Ridiculously Awesome, Hot Dog, Weighty Matters (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White
 Ink Merry Merlot, Cinnamon Cider, Soft Suede
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Detailed Trio Punch

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sweet Stuff (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Pincushion Collection DSP (Bo Bunny)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Rhinestones
Tools     Tailored Tag Punch

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh I nearly spewed my coffee seeing that German Shepard! What a great stamp - both are really fabulous, LeAnne! I can't imagine those smiles will go for miles when your friends receive these!!
=]

Bonnie said...

Awesome, LeAnne! I can certainly identify with both of the first cards! I love how you used the patterned paper on the third card. What a great way to use some of that hoard that I love to buy and hate to use!

Tracy Grauer said...

Those are really cute stamps you used and I love how you used the DSP! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Elton said...

The dog and her bag flying through the air is a hoot! They're going to love these!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That's so nice of you to encourage your weight loss friends! That's exactly what we need as we tackle hard things: encouragement from buddies. Love those Cornish Heritage Farms images you show us from time to time.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my I love those sweet pups!