Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Autumn Spice

Hi stampers!  I had a nice day yesterday--made some spaghetti sauce with our late tomatoes,  sat on the patio and read a book and got in a little stamping!  I saw this card and fell in love with the stamp (which is sold out right now), so I purchased the digital version!  So here we go:


I printed these out on some Crumb Cake cardstock; this one I colored in with some Blends and mounted it on a Crumb Cake card stamped with the Buffalo Check stamp:


I did some paper piecing on this one...not so crazy about this one, but it was fun to print the image out on some various DSPs and cut and piece them together!  I mounted it on a Mellow Moss card and added some older SU paper and ribbon:




I left them both without sentiments inside and out; I'll add a birthday or thinking of you when I need it!

'Tis the season......I've been seeing praying mantises around a lot lately....this one was climbing up our porch railing:


          

John and I were leaving to run a couple of errands.  We were gone for less than two hours, and when we came home, I looked to see if it was still there....I guess I should say if SHE was still there....this is what we found:
  

An egg sack!  I was so disappointed, as I would have loved to have seen her making it!  But we can watch it until it hatches....and hopefully it will make it through the winter!  Sadly, she will die a couple of weeks after laying this, the cycles of nature!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

"The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever."  Isaiah 40:8

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Buffalo Check, Better Than Autumn (digital, Stamplorations)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Misc DSP, Mellow Moss
 Ink Memento Black, Computer Ink
Accessories Tangelo Twist Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Square Dies (Lil'Inker), Blends

8 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

Wow what amazing close ups.
I love the paper piercing card, the effect is very strikin
Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

Bonnie said...

What a beautiful big pumpkin both ways, LeAnne! Love your coloring on crumb cake and the paper piecing! It would have been awesome to watch the praying mantis make her egg sack, but if you'd been watching, she might have moved on. I hope it makes it through the winter and you get to see the little ones hatch.

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve this stamp, and will now have to remember to stamp it on kraft! It's fabulous, LeAnne - and so wonderful accompanied by this Buffalo check! or DOTS! or paper pieced!
I'll trade you my last few chrysalids for just one of your Mantis egg sacks! Wouldn't that be cool to watch her building it?
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Awesomeness all the way around!

Margaret said...

Such a great card, but really love the polka dots and stripes! Hope your fall is a beautiful one.

Lisa Elton said...

I love the way you've colored and paper pieced these, what a great stamp! Sure hope you can get a photo of the baby... is that what its' called!!??

Ida said...

First off I love both of your cards. Love that stamp too, (naturally it's out of stock because I like it) - The 2nd card was actually my favorite of the two. - Also we have been seeing a lot of praying mantis here as well and I finally know what lays those weird egg sacks. I've seen them on our house before but never knew what they were until seeing your post. Guess it's true you learn something new everyday.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love your card LeAnne; as for the preying mantis - fascinating!