Saturday, July 11, 2020

The Spot Leafy Friendship

Happy Saturday, peeps!  I planned to take a little blog rest today, but I had some free time in my craft room and I thought I would squeak in a card for The Spot's "Make Your Own DSP" challenge!  


I was inspired by Helen's card here, and I was thinking how nice it would be to use some fall colors, and I already had Rooted in Nature out on my desk, so I went to work!  Here we go:


I diecut an opening from a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock with one of the Tasteful Labels dies which leaves a stitched line around the opening, and I really liked that.  I stamped various leaves in Terracotta Tile, Cajun Craze and Sahara Sand, and some speckles in Crumb Cake:


I mounted it on a piece of Cajun Craze DSP and stamped a sentiment from So Sentimental directly on top in Early Espresso:


I added a mat of Early Espresso and a little embellishment of Faux Suede trim.  It was fun to mix and match these colors and images!  Thanks for popping in today---enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Rooted in Nature, So Sentimental, Forever Fern (speckles)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze DSP
 Ink Cajun Craze, Terracotta Tile, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Accessories Faux Suede Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Labels Dies

8 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that's what you do best girl.....s/s/s.....love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is lovely with those gorgeous warm fall colours. Love the framing of the sentiment too!

I Card Everyone said...

Gorgeous, LeAnne … though I'm not quite ready for Fall, these colors make me happy any season of the year!
=]

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Absolutely gorgeous DSP you've created LeAnne and your color combination is perfect with the stamped images! Such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at The Spot for our Create Your Own DSP Challenge!

Teneale Williams said...

Hooray for extra time to craft and I am so happy to were able to join fun of creating your own printed paper with us at The Spot. Make sure you check out our next challenge on Tuesday.

Kampin' Karen said...

Your creation almost looks like the floating frame technique. I really like how you created this.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty! I like the warm fall colors!

MarvA1ix said...

I love making my own DSP, but yours really knocked my socks off! Love the colors and so well done.