Thursday, July 16, 2020

IB133 Beautiful Blooms

Hello and Happy Thursday, peeps!  Time for a new inspiration from Inspired By!  Here we go:


Aren't they gorgeous!? And here's the sketch...you can use one or the other, or both!  Your choice!


Peonies seem to be very popular right now....of course, I chose a different flower!  I liked the layering effect of this W+9 set called Freehand Florals, so I gathered up some inks and went to work.  And I managed to use the sketch even though I wasn't trying!!


These images are a little tricky to line up, but the name of the set is "Freehand", so I just went with it...I used Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Rococo Rose for the pinks, and So Saffron and Bumblebee for the yellow; the greenery is Soft Seafoam and Pear Pizzazz:


I layered them on top of some rose-colored metallic thread into a pleasing arrangement....and I am always lamenting about the lack of stencils from SU, but I remembered I had hung on to an old kit called Build a Banner, and it had large stencils, so I put the polka-dotted one to work, stenciling a partial area on the background with some Blushing Bride ink and a stencil brush.  I LOVE that effect!  I added a sentiment at the bottom:


And as an afterthought, I added some Polka Dot Tulle ribbon for a little more frou-frou!


I love this girly card...such pretty colors and flowers!  I just know you'll come up with equally-beautiful
creations with your pretty colors and flowers as well!  Share them with us at Inspired By...can't wait to see what you create!  Thanks for popping in today!

Cassidy is on vacation this week, so I haven't seen her all week.  But here are a few florals from my road, captured on my early-morning walks:

Just some lowly clover and Queen Anne's lace:


But I managed a capture an extra little guest on this one:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Rooted in Nature, Freehand Florals (W+9)
Card stock & Papers     Blushing Bride, Whisper White
 Ink Blushing Bride, Rococo Rose, So Saffron, Bumblebee, Soft Seafoam, Pear Pizzazz, Pink Pirouette (ret)
Accessories Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon, Rose Metallic Thread (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Freehand Florals Dies (W+9), Triple Corner Punch, Build a Banner Stencils (ret), Stencil Brush (Nellie's Choice)

11 comments:

~amy~ said...

Lovely color palette! The added polka background and ribbon are the perfect touches to your pretty card.

I Card Everyone said...

I LOve your frou-frou ribbon addition to this lovely bouquet, LeAnne! and WHO CAN RESIST polka dots?? not me! so happy to see them again - a perfect backdrop on your card.
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Pretty card with lovely colors. The flower pics are beautiful.

Darlene Gabriel said...

Such a pretty card LeAnne. It's a beautiful bouquet and your stenciled background is so soft and works perfectly.
Thanks for sharing the beauty of the flowers on your road too.

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card and photos! Thanks for sharing both!

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous card, LeAnne, Jo x

Carol L said...

What a wonderful, lovely bouquet of flowers, and I just love that little touch of metallic thread behind them! Beautiful photos of mother nature, and that lavender flower is gorgeous! Great timing with the bee's visit too!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like this!! The polka dot background, my favorite ribbon and those wonderful blooms say fabulous to me!

Beth Kochheiser said...

That is such a luscious card!!! And that polka dot ribbon is just the right touch

Linda Callahan said...

This is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Danni Reid said...

This card made me gasp, I love your interpretation, it's so very beautiful!