Wednesday, July 1, 2020

3D Cube Card with Flowers for all Seasons

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  And happy July!  I went out of my comfort zone and created a fancy fold card today!  It's not that I am "afraid" of fancy folds, I am mostly just lazy, LOL! But I found an intriguing card on this blog a couple days ago and I was determined to make one for myself!  So here we go:


Isn't that something?  There are two cubes that open up, and it collapses to look like this:


And I created it while watching Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and Antiques Roadshow, so if I had been more focused, it would have taken less time!  But even still, it was not difficult at all!  Here are closeups of the stamped panels:



Of course, when I first started the card, I was just attempting a trial run...I have to admit that these brightly colored flowers are not my favorites, so I figured if I messed it up, it was no big loss!!  I also don't like how I did the sentiment panel, but again, it was a trial, and I do like the final effect of the card itself!  It is a BIG card....5 1/2" square, so you'll need to make your own envelope or find a larger one for it.  There is also a smaller version on their blog, so I will probably attempt to make that in the future.  The directions on the video are very clear, and they have measurements for both inches and centimeters! Anyway, this larger one requires 12"x12" paper, and the smaller one doesn't, so I am anxious to try it with some other color and stamp combinations!  

Thanks for popping in today---enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Tasteful Touches, Happiest of Birthdays, Woven Heirlooms
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Just Jade, Melon Mambo, Flowers For All Seasons DSP
 Ink Just Jade, Mint Macaron, Melon Mambo, Calypso Coral
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, Blends

10 comments:

Claire (Mrs H) said...

What a fabulous fold card I absolutely love it

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

That’s amazing- I’ve never seen anything like that before! I am intrigued and can’t wait to see the mini version too!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow that is quite the engineering feat! The bright colors are fabulous.....definite showstopper!

Kampin' Karen said...

I saw this the other day and thought it was way cool but didn't want to try it. You did a great job. I don't like to make square cards because then I have to make the envelope and pay extra postage...just a tad of laziness and squeakyness :-) I do hope you'll try the smaller one and maybe I'll follow in your footsteps!

Vickie said...

You did all this while watching TV...this is super....Will check it out...so cool

Lorraine said...

So very cool and you did a super job! I love the colors. Going to have to check this out.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

I'm not even going to try and get my brain around how this all folds up ;-)
It looks terrific - a real showstopper of a card.
xxx

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, LeAnne! I am fold challenged so those fancy folds do scare me!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow LeAnne, this is incredible! The recipient is in for a real treat!

lisa808 said...

Wow! Great job. And, I do like the bright color!