Sunday, March 22, 2020

PP483 Lookin' Sharp


Hi crafty friends!  It's Sunday, and time for another Paper Players challenge!  Claire is our hostess this week with a fine sketch for us:


My amazingly-creative, uber-generous, wonderful friend Michele gifted me with several of these little embossed cacti and sentiments recently, and I finally was able to incorporate a few of them into a sketch!  I dug around my multitude of 6x6 papers and found a fun pattern that was whimsical enough to complement these little cuties:


I used my Arteza waterrcolor pens to give them some color (and I obviously need to look a little more closely when doing it; I see some spots I missed!), and Michele very kindly diecut them for me too, so it was easy-peasy for me to layer them on a circular panel and add my sentiment!


My vertical pieces were some scraps from my pile; at the last minute, I decided to add some Old Olive strips that I embossed with an Ellen Hutson die....I just love that little extra touch, it adds so much interest!


And finally, to create the panel that crosses the vertical stripes, I added a little banner and some retired candy dots in complimentary colors!!!  I stamped a birthday sentiment on the inside, and it's all ready to go in the mail!


This was a fun sketch to use, and I know I'll be using it again! I hope you'll play with us as well!  Check out what Claire and the other DT members created at the Paper Players blog!  See you there!

Yesterday at church, we practiced socially distancing while we cleaned 70-some globes on our chandeliers.  The ceiling is 20 feet high, so it's quite a feat, requiring a very tall person on a very tall ladder perched on some platforms on top of the pews; this is John (who is NOT a very tall person), starting the process:


Then our friend Ken (who IS a tall person) finished up, handing John a box of globes; he takes them downstairs (our sanctuary is upstairs) where Judy and I washed and dried them, then sent them back upstairs:


All bright and shiny for whenever we are able to meet again!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Let's Stick Together (My Favorite Things)
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Old Olive, Watercolor, Misc DSPs from my stash
 Ink Versamark
Accessories Candy Dots (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Black Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitching Lines Dies (Ellen Hutson), Arteza Watercolor Brushes, Banner Die (Nestabilties)

23 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is so darn cute. I think it's great that you missed coloring some of the arms. We have a cactus that looks like that as it is old and has lost some of its green and prickers in a couple of areas. Claire's design is great and I hope to play. I love the inside of your church, especially the organ and chandelier. That's a lot of work! Our church is streaming the sermon and our Sunday School lesson.

Jenny Engelke said...

Those little cacti are the cutest and your coloring skills are sharp! Lol! Love this!!!

Tracy Grauer said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing! WHOA! Removing those light globes looked precariously scary on that ladder! Nice work everyone!

Jackie said...

Darling card. I also wanted to say that that is a really pretty church!!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just LOVE this card! It makes me smile! The fun patterned paper in the background is perfect to showcase these adorable little cacti! I am a huge fan of succulents even though I have trouble getting them to grow. I think your coloring is perfect! Love the little pops of pink, too!
Your church is so beautiful! What a wonderful job they did cleaning all of those globes. I know it was a big feat!
Stay safe and healthy, My Friend and thank you for making my sketch shine this week!

Marti said...

Leanne, I love this cute card, especially because I have seen these cute cacti and this very cute sentiment before and did not know where to purchase it. Now I know! You did a beautiful job with the card and the sketch.

Your hubby was brave to get up on that ladder. The church looks really amazing now. So beautiful!

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable.....made me smile! And your church is beautiful!

Lindalou said...

What a darling card and a beautiful sanctuary. What is the name of the church and where is it located? Thanks for sharing!

I Card Everyone said...

It's so obvious these were sent to the right person, LeAnne!! OH do I love how you've colored them - and that Fabulous DSP!!
You did however cause me to nearly faint looking at those guys on the ladders on PLYWOOD between the pews!!!
=]

Vannessa Osbourn said...

As always your cards are so nice! Your church sanctuary is so beautiful. I'm sure you'll be missing your church family as we will too. Take care!

laurie said...

Those colors are just awesome together, and what a cute image! Wow I love your church...it's beautiful!

Marti said...

Leanne, I am the commenter marked as "unknown". I will send this comment and see if it will show my name. I wanted you to see that I wrote it.

Claire Grantham said...

Your card is beautiful, the bright and cheery background works so well with the smiling Cacti. LOVE your church, but looking at them on the ladders made my tummy flip flop! Cx

Stef Perry said...

LeAnne, your card is so cheerful with those cute cacti and the punny sentiment! Love dsp too, it has the perfect font to go with the fun image. So glad the globe cleaning went without a hitch; like Michele, my heart skipped a bit seeing that setup! Beautiful church, thanks for sharing the photos!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh - this is so stinkin' cute!! Love it! And your church is beautiful! Now - get those guys OFF that ladder! Yikes!! :)

barb mann said...

OMG - Seeing John cleaning the church chandelier brings back memories of me wallpapering. I had my 9 ft ladder on top of our dining room table - and OH - I was almost 9 months pregnant at the time! Love all your cards LeAnne! I don't get notification very often and when I check you have posted lots of cards. Have you changed some procedure?? ALWAYS love your cards! TFS so often.

Allisa said...

I so love your cacti and the embossed strips! Those lights though...I can even think of being on the ladder balanced on the pews!

Basement Stamper said...

Fabulous card, love this image and I pulled the trigger and bought it.

Jaydee said...

Firstly, that ladder on the pews gave me vertigo just thinking about it!!! Gorgeous ceiling, though! I LOVE this card. I love the bright colors. I love how the DSP complements the images and I love how you colored them! Fabulous job on the sketch, LeAnne

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your cute cacti are so fun LeAnne and pair with the paper beautifully - I love the colours of this card. As for the chandelier cleaning - my oh my! Rather John than me!!!

Roberta (Stampin'nana) said...

Thanks for the humor on your card, LeAnne. What a cute cacti family. Love your card with bright, happy colors and sure to make someone's day special~

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I just love your card. That little baby cactus just makes me smile. Such a bright and cheery card!

Talitha said...

A beautiful sanctuary. So peaceful and warm looking. Glad the guys got the lights ready for in-person services. And a fantastic organ! Hope you will soon be able to regular worship.