Sunday, January 5, 2020

PP472 New Beginnings


Happy Sunday, peeps!  The Paper Players are back for 2020, and here's our first theme challenge of the year:


As I said in a previous post, two church families had babies born right around Christmas, so a baby card for one of the grandparents was perfect for the challenge!  I used Wildly Happy again; this time, I used the mama and baby elephants:


This pattern from the Mosaic Mood DSP seemed "jungle-ish", which was a good background for my watercolored pachyderms:


My sentiment, from Itty Bitty Greetings, was stamped in Mossy Meadow, then stamped again in Versamark and heat-embossed in clear embossing powder; I did that by using my Stamparatus; once I stamped in MM, I cleaned the stamp and re-stamped with Versamark. Then I sprinkled clear embossing powder on top and heated it up!  For fun, I diecut it with the new Stitched So Sweetly die:


I put everything on a Mossy Meadow card, and on a white mat on the inside, stamped these sentiments from Wildly Happy and Here's a Card:


Be sure to pop on over to the Paper Players blog so you can see what the DT created!  PLUS, we have three new guest designers and I know you'll want to see who they are and give them some support as well!  Meanwhile, we hope you'll play along too....hope to see you in the gallery!  Thanks for stopping by today!

The pups got a new bed for Christmas:



It seems that Cassidy likes it too!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Wildly Happy, Here's a Card
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Watercolor, Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow, Mosaic Mood DSP
 Ink Stazon, Smoky Slate, Mossy Meadow, Versamark, Old Olive
Accessories Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched So Sweetly Dies, Aquapainter, Heat Tool, Stamparatus

15 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

You create wonderful baby cards. I'm thrilled to see my friend and upline on the team (Mary). I hope to be able to play this week. Eden looks a little sad that she has to share the bed...lol.

I Card Everyone said...

I don't know how you do it, LeAnne … another fabulous, wildly adorable card using that fun DSP! and that mama/baby duo? They're gonna go 'awwwww' just like I did!!
=]

JoAnn said...

Such a sweet baby card. Love your coloring of the image. TFS
Happy New Year LeAnne.

laurie said...

A perfect image for a baby card...so cute! The pup bed photo sure is cute...looks like a fun spot for all 3 of them..lol! Happy New Year!

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable LeAnne! And so are those pups all snuggled up in their new bed!

Joan V said...

Love this card!

Vicky Hayes said...

A Christmas baby seems such a gift doesn't it! I love your little mama and baby elephants and the paper makes a perfect background for them.

The pups look VERY comfy in their new bed - as does Cassidy - and what is it about dog beds that encourage the humans to sit in them too?!!

Vicky x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is such a sweet card, Leanne. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, too. it always means so much to me.
Have a blessed week.
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Allisa said...

Super sweet card, love your coloring!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a sweet baby card LeAnne - and how perfect is that green mosaic paper with your elephant pair? Just beautiful.

Stef Perry said...

Such a cute baby card, I adore the wee elephant with mom! And you had just the perfect paper on hand! Love this to pieces!

Ann Schach said...

Such an adorable card, LeAnne! I love this sweet mama-baby duo. Your background was perfect for them. Have a wonderful new year!

Claire Broadwater said...

This is such a sweet baby card! I love the Mama elephant and her little one. The background is stunning! Your rocked this challenge! Have a great rest of the wee, My Friend! Those pups are Cassidy look mighty comfy! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a darling card to celebrate a new bundle of joy! Love how you paired the paper with the stamp set. The puppy pics just make me smile. How sweet that they cuddle together and Cassidy just fits right in.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, fabulous coloring and I am obsessed with that image mixed with that background paper! What a wonderful baby card. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week
hugs
jaydee