Thursday, January 16, 2020

IB107 Quiet Imaginings


Happy Thursday, peeps!  Time for another Inspired By:


Well.....now I have nothing that says"quiet" in my large stamp collection....so I chose to concentrate of those shutters and the colors!  I am happy with the way it turned out:

 

I pulled out some oldies for this card today!  I had seen this pretty layout from Susan at Simplicity and knew I wanted to use it for my three panels....I just positioned mine a little differently so that I could add my sentiment and the background embossing would show!  SO....I inked up my retired Floral background stamp in three colors:  Soft Sky, Soft Seafoam and Tim Holtz Antique Linen, on Naturals White cardstock and used a Stitched Rectangle die to cut them all out: 


I also stamped the "imagine" in Soft Sky, and went looking in my dusty embellishments bin, where I found a chipboard bird and an organdy rose; they seemed to go nicely!  My final embellishment was some Soft Sky seam binding, which I shabbied up and made into a bow, then adhered to my sentiment:


The card base is also Naturals White, embossing with the Vine Street folder.  I left the inside blank, I haven't decided how I'll use this card yet!

I hope you'll pop over to the Inspired By blog to see how this photo prompted the design team!  While you're there, share yours with us too!  Thanks for popping in today!

Today is Wayne's birthday (and our anniversary), so we had them over for dinner last night!  When they got home, Cassidy gave Wayne a birthday card she made:


(I love the goatee)....and when he opened it up, she had drawn the Philaldelphia 76er's logo (they're going to a game on Friday), printed and cut out a picture of him (with added goatee), and had it signed by all her classmates and the kids at the pre-school program she goes to:


He was very surprised...as were Mommy, Grampy and I!  What a kid!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Floral (ret), Imagine Words (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Naturals White (ret)
 Ink Soft Seafoam, Soft Sky (ret), Antique Linen (Tim Holtz)
Accessories Dimensionals, Soft Sky Seam Binding, Organdy Rose (both ret), Chipboard Bird (unknown), Soft Sky Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Vine Street Embossing Folder (ret)

12 comments:

Vickie said...

Got it LeAnne....I am back with you...such a sweet card...love the embossing folder and the Seam binding bow...great texture. That precious Cassidy....that girl just amazes me. She has a sweet sweet heart. Wayne will treasure that card for sure.

Kampin' Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! and a happy birthday to Wayne. Cassidy is quite the gal. My favorite part of your card is the embossing.

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, serene card, LeAnne! I love these soft colors, the layout, embossing, bird, rose and bow! Guess I love everything about this card!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne. I love the floral background stamp you used in the three different colors. Happy Anniversary! Love the card Cassidy made!

Brent Scheffer said...

The layers, details, and textures are really awesome in this card.

I Card Everyone said...

I just love the quiet beauty of that floral stamp, LeAnne!! What a gorgeous, feminine card!
=]
ps three cheers for Cassidy!

Lorraine said...

I pinned your card for future reference - I love it. What a sweet granddaughter!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow this is so soft and pretty! And that Miss C always makes me smile....the card for Wayne is perfect!

Danni Reid said...

This is so beautiful in every way LeAnne!

Lisa Elton said...

This is soft and lovely LeAnne, just wonderful! Oh that Cassidy, what a sweetheart!

Jen Mitchell said...

I love the combination of soft colors and vintage vibe. No one does that better than you! And the texture from the embossed background and the ribbon is amazing!

DorothyA said...

I really like this card! Love the layers, the flower, and Ms. winter bird!