Tuesday, March 29, 2016

TSOT264 Happy Birthday


Hi everyone!  Tuesday is upon us...I am not sure where Monday went, but it sure passed by quickly...and it is time for a Try Stampin' On Tuesday sketch!  There is an optional theme of helping hands as well, but I opted for a birthday this week:


I've been digging into my stash of designer papers and found this cool turquoise, green and brown print, so I set to work finding some goodies to go with it! Here's my final outcome:


I started by finding a scrap of some old Basic Grey 6x6 paper in a cool lime green....don't even know the name of the pad....and it matched the scritchy-scratchy look of the patterned paper, so I used that for my top portion and even cut the letters "h" & "b" from them, layering them for a thicker look (dies from Papertrey):


I inked up the dotted circle from an older Waltzingmouse set called Country Labels (just found out WM is going out of business--WAAAAHHH!!  Love her stuff!) in Tempting Turquoise, and the dotted image from Timeless Textures in Lucky Limeade for the horizontal pieces; the vertical piece was a piece of Early Espresso stamped with the retired Sanded background stamp in white craft ink.  A little bit of deckle edging and three candy dots finished it off!  Another masculine b-day card for my stash!  

I hope you'll play along with our sketch this week!  You can find all the samples as well as a link to share your creation at the TSOT blog, or lots of people are finding us on Facebook!  Either way, we hope you'll play!

Although Sunday was a bit chilly in our area for an Easter egg hunt, Cassidy and Dominic did manage to find one at a nearby park on Saturday, and set off to find some goodies:


I love Dominic's Minion bucket....there's a boy with great expectations!  Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Great sketch and card LeAnne, wonderful pictures too! Happy Easter!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card has a fun funky vibe to it LeAnne!! CUTE photo of the kiddos, bet they had FUN!!

stampwithsandy said...

Great colors! I'm in need of a masculine birthday card so I thank you for the inspiration!

Jen Mitchell said...

Ooh, fantastic man-card. I love the colors and the scritchy-scratchy paper! (And can I just say that scritchy-scratchy is a GREAT way to describe that paper. I think you've just invented a new phrase)!

Life Full of Sunflowers said...

I love the colors on this card - GREAT job. I hope you all had a Happy Easter