Sunday, May 8, 2011

Paper Players #46 Color Challenge

DSCF6067-2

Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there---even if your “children” are furry, I think we all have that mothering instinct!  I am going to be a rebel today, because I have  a distinctly masculine card to share!!  Ann has given us a rich color challenge:

so I pulled out a set I haven’t used for a while, Totally Tool, to make a card for my dad:

DSCF6065-2

My dad is quite a tool collector!  He probably has thousands of plumb bobs, planes and other assorted doodads!  I think he’ll get a kick out of this!  I had  lots of fun  making it; I used some “recycled” materials:  a piece of corrugated box as well as scraps from a Nestie punchout; some “heavy metal”: jumbo grommets and vintage trinkets; and I loosely watercolored my images and cut them out.  The Woodgrain background stamp was a perfect choice for my Early Espresso panel.  By the way, this uses  sketch #149 from Create with Connie & Mary:

CCMC149

(Yes, I was a rebel again and turned it on its side!!)   Here are some closeups:

DSCF6066-1

DSCF6067-3

If you need any details, let me know!  I hope that you’ll scoot on over to the Paper Players blog to play with us this week!  Can’t wait to see what you create!

(Insert singing baby voice here!)

DSCF6111

22 comments:

Bev J. said...

Thanks for being a rebel. I bought this set online from someone for masculine cards and haven't been able to decide how to use it. Like your card so thanks for the inspiration.

Cassidy is probably singing-Happy Mother's Day to you!

Linda said...

Very cool Love it!
Happy Grandmother's Mother's Day!

Denise Willerton said...

Cassidy is so sweet and your father will be thrilled with his card ~ I love what you do with all the different elements ~ Happy Mother's my friend :-)

Patti said...

Love this card. So many elements that add up to a great design.

Deb said...

Love your card!! I love how you turned the sketch! Great card for those special guys!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Nance Leedy said...

I couldn't wait to get a close-up look at all the wonderful details on this 'beaut! Love the white woodgrain stamping and all the little details polish it off--I'm sure your dad will {heart} it! Great use of the flipped sketch too!

Lesley said...

Fabulous! Love that cardboard and the way you used the colours!

Lesley said...

Fabulous! Love that cardboard and the way you used the colours!

Rita W said...

I love being a rebel and flipping sketches, too. :) I love your card. The metal embellishments are perfect with all the tools.

Carrie Gaskin said...

I absolutely LOVE this! What a great card. My favourite part is the detail around the sentiment. How wonderful. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Get outta here! This is SO "mascu-fabulous", I can't stand it! Yup, I made that word up....but you completely did it justice! : ) Awesome mix of color and texture! Love it! :)

Lisa Martz said...

Love how you flipped the sketch. What a great card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge!

Tammy Hershberger said...

You must take pictures of that sweetheart all day long! She's so adorable!

Cute card, but I thought it was the one who has the most Copic markers is the winner?

Debbie Henderson said...

Clever use of your "tools". I'm sure your dad will love his card! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Great way to flip the sketch. I love the tools on it. Wonderful masculine card! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary. (Love little Cassidy, too!)

Ann Schach said...

You have done what I thought might be impossible...you have designed a cute, masculine card! lol I LOVE it, LeAnne! It makes me wish I had this set. And once again, Cassidy is stealing the show! Adorable to the max!

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card! Perfectly embellished and that sentiment is great!...I could definitely use that one for my dad.

Mary Brown said...

DARLING!!! I love how you turned the sketch on the side. FABULOUS Masculine card! Thanks for playing along this week on the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

~Erica~ said...

LeAnne! This is so fabulous! Conragst on the pick this week at CCMC! :-)

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Girl I love this card! I like the way you did the greeting using the scallop punch that way. You are so creative! Love the baby pic too!!

Hugs
Shirley

Heidi said...

Wow! Look at your card...it's so detailed and I LOVE it! This tool set is so super cute. My friend is using it for her son's birthday party invitation (they are going to be making bird houses). I also really liked how you inverted the scallop punch...it looks like a saw!! I'm assuming that was your intention. :)

None None said...

I love this - love all the texture and distressing you did. Perfect card for the man who has all the tools! BTW, how did you create that sentiment panel? Did you use the modern label punch?