Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Oh Baby Baby!

DSCF4385

Last week's Color Throwdown card was a baby card for a boy; you might remember I made that card for a family from our church in the hopes that they might actually have a girl....and guess what!  They did have a girl!  Grace Elizabeth arrived on June 13--what a happy day for everyone!

So off I went to make a little girl card...so many ideas floating in my head, and I still haven't sent this one out because I am still not sure of it:

DSCF4386

I feel like it is a little busy, what with the two different DPs and all.  I had to have this DP, I think it is from October Afternoon, and have hardly used it at all. It features some vintage designs that appealed to me, which is great for scrapping, maybe not so applicable for cards.  Anyway, I am still thinking on this one.....the image is from Puns from the Past, sentiment is PTI Mixed Messages.  Because of the busy-ness, my stamping is minimal.  I added some satin and gingham ribbon as well as a little button and bow, and it was done.  Let me know what you think!  I really need to get it in the mail!

Meanwhile, some of my customers have really amped up their mojo (hi Beth) and continue to amaze me with their talent:

DSCF4393

Isn't this sweet?  I am filing that ribbon/oval treatment in my head for future CASEing reference!  And look how nice the envelope and the inside are stamped:

DSCF4394

 

I treasure all these wonderful beauties!

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks for stopping by today and don't forget that tomorrow is the CTD challenge!

  • Stamps:  Puns from the Past, Mixed Messages, PTI
  • Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Mellow Moss, Barely Banana, Naturals Ivory, October Afternoon DP
  • Ink:  Close to Cocoa
  • Acc:  Gingham & Satin Ribbons, Nesties, CB Tag Diecut,  Button, string, sponge dauber

10 comments:

Liza Yon said...

I love it Leanne, the baby card has all the same colors, just different patterns. I love vintage style too!! TFS all your creations, I love all your cards! Hugs and blessings,
Liza

Cristy Gammon said...

I like the baby card. I think the random letter DP on the right is what makes it come together. With just the vintage paper I don't think the card would have flowed together as well.
Thanks for all your great projects, I love seeing your blog in my inbox!

Juanita said...

Beth made a beauty of a card. I like the vintage feel of your little girl card. I don't think there is anything to be worried about, the card is great (the carriage is so cute)

Ann said...

I love the vintage feel of your card. So nice.

Too funny with Beth's card--I was thinking, "Gosh, I need to use that oval/ribbon idea..." then I read further and saw you'd said the same thing! ;)

Renee said...

Beautiful! Did you see I moved to the top of my blog roll so I can check your blog first!! I love your cards!

Caryl P said...

A little girl!!! I can't believe it, that is too funny! I love this vintage card, especially as it shows a little girl growing up. It goes with the beautiful carriage as well...I'm a sucker for anything antique or vintage, and the pink grosgrain brings it back to a baby girl. Love it!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Yay, the reverse psychology worked! I think the baby card is adorable and definitely not too busy!

LOVE that tree card, too! Great work by your customer!

Barbara said...

Yes, it is sweet! I have that set--why don't I use it?

Stamp and Smile said...

Your baby card is wonderful! I love it and such soft colors giving a vintage look and WOO,HOO for a baby girl!! :) This RAK is darling!! Love the ribbon treatment by the scallop oval punch.... A MUST TRY! :)

Nicki said...

These are beautiful Leanne, so pretty
Nicki
x