Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Color Throwdown #45

CTD45 swatch

Welcome back to the Color Throwdown Challenge! Cathy has picked some bright, fun, funky colors for us to play with this week. If you don't have these exact colors, feel free to substitute! Post your card on your blog or an online gallery using the keyword CTD45. Go to the CTD blog and link it there via Mr. Linky--I heard he was fixed!!! If not, leave the link in the comment screen. And remember, you could be our Featured Stamper next week, so give it all ya got!

Looking at Green Galore & Pink Passion together, for some reason, made me think watermelons! So here we go:

DSCF4255

Overall, I think it's cute, although I am not real crazy about the glitter--next time, I'll do that part differently! LOL! Anyway, I used various Nesties for the watermelon; Chocolate Chip marker to hand-draw the seeds; the pieces are all sponged around the edges for dimension. Bee is from My Cute Stamps and the sentiment is from Verve. Everything is up on dimensionals as well! Now let's see what the others have come up with:

Hope to see your creation real soon!

  • Stamps: Itty Bitty Backgrounds, Petals & Stems, Verve; Little Forest Friends, My Cute Stamps
  • Paper: WW, Green Galore, Pink Passion, Chocolate Chip, Bella Rose
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Green Galore, Pink Passion, Craft White
  • Acc: Markers, Nesties, Daubers, Oval Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Twill from TE, DD Glitter

23 comments:

Ann said...

Super yummy, summery fun!

Maria Matter said...

LeAnne, this is absolutely adorable! I love what you did with these colors...perfect!
blessings, Maria

Deb said...

Oh this is so cute!!! I love the watermelon and the bee. Great idea and great colours!!

Vickilyn said...

This is adorable!!! I was just thinking pink & green yesterday - I obviously now need to get some brown in there!!

Broni said...

This is absolutely wonderful, LeAnne!! Watermelon.....brilliant!!!

Jennifer Corson said...

You are so creative!!!

Cathy Rulli said...

What a cute and fun card!!! Love it!

Carol L said...

This is the cutest card I've seen in a long time! I love the bites taken out of the watermelon and that tiny bee is the cutest thing! The pink twill just pulls this all together for one great challenge card! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!! The colors are so yummy and so is that watermelon!! :)

Juanita said...

Just darling. I think the glitter really helps give the feel of a glistening slice of watermelon. Great work.
(these colors make me think of watermelon too)

Barbara said...

Love it!! Just too cute--makes me want some watermelon right now! And that little bee is an awesome touch!

mudmaven said...

Looks delicious! ~chris

craftypagan said...

Hi LeAnne-to answer your q on my post all the images on the paper have been stamped using a variety of fabby tim holtz stamps! Thanks for popping by!

Unknown said...

such a cute card, I love it.

Renee said...

This is adorable! I love the watermelon and the bee....so so cute!

mueppi said...

Wow...... this image is so cute!
Your card is wonderful!
Hugs Gisela

dpkennedy said...

This is super CUTE! I love that sparkly watermelon and the happy bee is adorable!

ChristineCreations said...

Love your sweet watermelon!

Kristin Moore said...

truly adorable!!

Kathleen said...

Since I'm behind on my blog reading, I'm reading several of your posts tonight---I am always so impressed with your versatility---I'm amazed at how you can make each style look like your favorite~ I love your stuff---I still have nothing up on my blog, but I'm getting my house clean---I guess that's a good thing!!!

Stamp and Smile said...

YUMMY!!! Now I want watermelon... :) Such a cute card LeAnne... fun sparlkes!! TFS.. :)

Bekki B said...

Very cute card!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

OMGosh, this is so adorable! I LOVE how you did the watermelon with Nesties, and love the glitter on the edge! Super-cute design!