Sunday, March 10, 2024

PP680 Color Challenge from Jaydee

Happy Sunday, everyone!  The Paper Players' challenge this week is from our hostess Jaydee, and she has a color challenge for us!  Her prompt uses bold, bright colors, but I think you can use any shades of these:


I did choose to use the bright colors of Daffodil Delight, Bubble Bath and Granny Apple Green for my card, but in mostly small amounts!  Here we go:


I stamped the images and sentiment from Courage and Faith in Versafine Black, then colored the images with markers.  I did manage to get some blending in there...Blends bleed with Versafine, so I used regular markers in Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Bubble Bath and Berry Burst for the flowers, and Granny Apple Green and Lemon Lime Twist for the leaves:


I diecut it with a circle die, added a little Adhesive-Backed flower, then mounted it on a Daffodil Delight panel that was embossed with the retired Framed Tulips embossing folder.  A little bit of black & white gingham ribbon reinforced the black and white outlines!  Unfortunately, I needed a third sympathy card this week, so this will be popped in the mail for that!  

I hope these colors inspire you to create something bright and fresh, or use softer hues to create whatever you want!  Check out what the DT created at the Paper Players blog to get some more inspiration!

I thought I'd share a couple of pictures of a wasp's nest that had been hanging in our maple tree over the summer! Blessedly, we didn't have to mow under this particular tree as it is so shady, no grass grows under it!  It finally deteriorated enough to fall down and John found it in the year.  The outer sections (which are falling off) sheathe the inner combs....pretty fascinating!


 
You just don't want to get near it when those wasps are alive, LOL!  Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Courage & Faith
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Daffodil Delight
 Ink Versafine Black
Accessories Black & White Gingham Ribbon, Dimensionals, Adhesive Backed Hearts & Flowers
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Circle Framelits (ret), Markers in Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Bubble Bath, Berry Burst, Granny Apple Green and Lemon Lime Twist, Framed Tulips Embossing Folder (ret)

14 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Love your card! Yahoo sent your post to my spam folder...the nerve! I would have missed all these beautiful colors and the scripture. BUT that nest...WOW! Where do all those wasps go for the winter? You have a blessed day too, my friend.

I Card Everyone said...

I adore your bright and beautiful Easter card, LeAnne! Such lovely colors for these sweet little blooms.
Thanks for sharing that nest - we would have never known what the inside looked like if you hadn't. Amazing.
=]

Wendy said...

Such a pretty card, LeAnne! Love the colors especially for spring! Wow on the bee's nest! Thankfully there were no bees around it! TFS and have a great day! :)

Karen in Florida said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I have this stamp set so I may be casing you!!
I'm glad that wasp nest is not inhabited.
I'm highly allergic to stinging insects so just the picture freaks me out!
Be careful out there!!
Huggs from sunny Florida!

Lisa Elton said...

This is bright, happy spring card, LeAnne! Nifty picture of the nest. Bet that thing was buzzin' last summer... yikes!

Bonnie said...

This is so uplifting, LeAnne! I love the bright yellow, pretty flowers and a Bible verse that gets quoted around here quite often.

Linda Callahan said...

So bright and happy for spring!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so beautiful! I Love the yellow tulip embossing folder. I think I might have that one. Hmmm--The beautiful sentiment is lovely and the sweet flowers and heart make it pop! The black and white gingham bow is the perfect embellishment to complete this beauty!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Go bright or go home I say LeAnne - you can't bit a lot of yellow in my book! I love the focal psalm and the way it is framed by the flowers and the embossed detail on the panel behind too. Love the gingham ribbon too!

Ann Schach said...

What a lovely Easter card, LeAnne! Daffodil Delight is one of those bright and cheery colors that makes my heart sing. The gingham ribbon is the perfect accent. The old science teacher in me loves seeing the wasp nest. I am always in awe of Nature's masterpieces!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love that you went the bold route - the Daffodil Delight with the black and white check ribbon is gorgeous and that frame is perfect for your sentiment. You rocked my challenge.
Oh.. and that wasp nest.... how absolutely amazing is that! Thanks for sharing the photo
Hugs
Jaydee

Cynthia Stevenson said...

I love this LeAnne. Simple and pretty!

Kim S said...

I love your use of these bright colors! Such sweet flowers to frame that sentiment!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a lovely card, Leanne! The embossed frame adds the perfect touch. Yowza, that is a huge wasp nest!