Sunday, November 17, 2019

PP468 CAS North Pole


Happy Sunday, peeps!  Hope your weekend is going well!  It's Jaydee's turn to be our Paper Players hostess and she has a fun CAS challenge for us:


I love it!  Have you ever seen the northern lights?  We had some one night, very faint, but normally we are way too south to see them.  They sure are beautiful!  I had to be satisfied with using some frosty colors and snow on my card today:


This is probably a little less CAS than I normally make; I thought of making it one layer, but I would have had to make some masks, and I thought if I am going to be cutting things out, I might as well just stamp my little images and cut them out instead of masks!  I used thick white cardstock, stamping my little critters with Memento ink and coloring them with Blends.  I embossed the card with the Softly Falling EF, then added (the dreaded) Stickles to the ice, Wink of Stella to the ice cube, and some Martha Stewart chunky glitter to the hats:


It's very fun and sparkly in real life!  I stamped the sentiment in Balmy Blue and added a little glimmer snowflake:


as a sentiment from a Flourishes stamp on the inside!


I am also entering this in the Jingle Belles challenge where they're highlighting cold weather wear--gloves, scarves, hats, etc!  I think this could fit the bill!

So how will our challenge inspire you?  I hope you'll play along and enter your creation over at the Paper Players blog...while you're there, check out what the other designers did!  Remember to keep it clean and simple too!  Thanks for popping in today!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Cool Yule (My Favorite Things), Vintage Santa (Flourishes)
Card stock & Papers     Thick White, Sparkle Glimmer
 Ink Memento Black, Balmy Blue
Accessories Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, Stickles, Chunky Glitter Snow (Martha Stewart)
Tools     Big Shot, Blends, Layering Oval Dies, Softly Falling EF (ret), Snowflake Dies (Taylored Expressions)

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Very cool..LeAnne...yes pun. Great fussy cutting. Love the embossed background as well. Snow there yet? We have had two days of rain which is unusual here on the Coast...with wind and Brrrrr temps. Have a beautiful Sunday

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is so cute! Love the melting ice cube.

laurie said...

Love your cooool scene!!Great job at CAS...I forgot and did some layers...uto.

SmilynStef said...

Absolutely adorable ... so glad you *bundled up* with us at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little pair, this is a darling card LeAnne!

Ann Schach said...

So cute, LeAnne! I LOVE the chunky glitter on the hats...it adds just the perfect bit of sparkle! Such a happy card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a cute pair LeAnne - I love the embossed snow and touches of icy glitter too. They work really well and with all that white space your card is still beautifully CAS. Gorgeous!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is adorable! I love this little pair of friends! Their chunky glitter hats are awesome! I love the background you created, too! You rocked this challenge! XX

stampwithsandy said...

Super cute! And perfectly CAS!

Lorraine said...

A very cute North Pole scene. I'm with you about the cutting - turned out great.

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh how adorable is this? holy wow missus... you've outdone yourself! such an awesome addition to our JINGLE BELLES gallery! ♥♥♥

Windy Ellard said...

Awesome winter scene and cute critters! Love that emboss folder!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, that embossing folder is just perfect with your winter scene. This card makes me smile. Fabulous coloring and a great layout, too. Thanks for rocking my CAS challenge this week
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a sweet card LeAnne! I love the snowy details!