Saturday, August 3, 2019

FMS399 Autumn Mists


Happy Saturday, peeps!  Yesterday was SO dreary and foggy, I had a hard time getting any energy to create anything!  But I really wanted to play with the FMS sketch this week, because I love things in threes!  Isn't it a great one?


I decided to break into some "hoarded" items I've had for a while....these are puffy stickers from Prima's Amber Moon line; the papers are from Recollections and Amber Moon as well.  So here we go:


I started by diecutting stitched squares from the background paper, then added my stickers on each one:


One of the Amber Moon papers had this pretty design in the corner, which matched my stickers, so I stamped an autumn sentiment from Impression Obsession's Autumn Squares on top with Soft Suede ink:


I stamped another Impression Obsession word box stamp in Sahara Sand ink on the inside, then stamped a birthday sentiment from the current Seaside Notions on top.  I just love that effect!  


The whole card is 4 3/4" square, so I will probably make a custom envelope to fit, but I just haven't done that yet!  I really don't want to think about fall quite yet, as I am enjoying the summer, but I just couldn't resist using these new goodies!  Thanks for visiting today!

We had a horrendous downpour yesterday, just for about 30 minutes, but it decimated some of my huge marigolds; they grow to about 2' tall, and the rain was just too much for them, and some of the stems broke at the base.  



One plant was totally gone...every single branch broken off.  My SIL had given me a rose tree that was in pretty rough shape, so John planted it where the marigolds had been; we'll see if it takes, keeping my fingers crossed.  Even though my dad was a farmer and my grandfather was a florist, I always joke that the gardening gene did not pass down to me!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seaside Notions, Autumn and Autumn Squares (Impression Obsession)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Early Espresso,  Amber Moon DSP (Prima), Thankful Heart (Recollections)
 Ink Sahara Sand, Soft Suede
Accessories Amber Moon Puffy Stickers (Prima)
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes 

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card for fall! It won’t be long now that it is August. We have had some horrible thunderstorms and heavy rain all around us for a few days but we have somehow escaped the worst of it. More storms predicted this afternoon!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh LeAnne, I'm so sorry about your beautiful blooms!!
This darling card must have made you smile again... love every image that has FALL-en into that perfect threesome of frames!
=]

Wendy said...

This is such a pretty Fall card and I love this design! I am looking forward to Fall and making all those beautiful cards! So sorry about your flowers and the rain. Hopefully your rose tree will come around! Have a great day, LeAnne! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

What a fantastic card and yet another company I didn't recognize. I'm so sorry about your marigolds.

Lisa Elton said...

I love autumn and you've captured it perfectly on your card! Too bad about your flowers. Hope the new plant thrives!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is gorgeous LeAnne - those papers are to die for! Makes me wish for the colours of autumn, if not the season itself!