Tuesday, September 25, 2018

RRCB96 Patchwork Pumpkin

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It's raining AGAIN here in PA...I feel like a little mushroom, never seeing the sun!  Hopefully October will bring some bright blue weather!  Anyway, it's time for another RetroRubber Challenge, and I chose to make a not-too-spooky fall creation:


And before I get to the details, here is our sketch:

No automatic alt text available.

My pumpkin is from a Close to My Heart set called Autumn Wishes, and it is from 2016; I stamped it three times in various shades of orange:  Grapefruit Grove, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze, then fussy-cut each outer panel and adhered them to the original one:


I got some new Halloween papers from Authentique called Nightfall, and this patterned one seem to be a good background that complemented my "crazy-quilt" pumpkin!  I added some stitched ribbon that's been sitting in my stash forever, a black and crumb cake scalloped border and a sentiment from My Creative Time that I have had for a long time....maybe eight years? Finally, I added a couple of black cats from an Impression Obsession die set that I am embarrassed to admit that I have also had for a while and I don't think I have ever used it!  But they're cute here, don't you think?  Cute but not scary!


I didn't put a sentiment on the inside, because I think you could use this for a couple of occasions!  SO...what will you create with our sketch this week?  Remember, the stamps have to be at least one year old and you must tell us the age!  Can't wait to see what you create!  

Cassidy spent the weekend at Daddy's and they made cupcakes!  She knows she could leave them at my house and they would be safe, because I just cannot eat anything BLUE!!!  (Not so sure about Grampy!)  But she was quite proud of them and she said she did all the mixing by herself!  You gotta give her credit for that!


 Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Autumn Wishes (CTMH), Mixed Holiday Sentiments (My Creative Time)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Nightfall DSP (Authentique)
 Ink Grapefruit Grove, Cajun Craze, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black
Accessories Stitched Ribbon (from my stash), Dimensionals
Tools     Big SHot, Cat Dies 083K (Impression Obsession), Stitched Sentiment Strips Dies (My Favorite Things), Scallop Border Thin Cuts Dies (CTMH)

14 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh LeAnne, I love your gorgeous quilted Pumpkin, what a great idea to stamp it in different colors and fussy cut (perfectly by the way) each section to construct it back, brilliant idea.
Your little kitties are darling, I'm glad you finally got a chance to use this fabulous die.
Awesome card, teammate.
XO

stampwithsandy said...

This autumn creation is right up my alley! Love the patchwork pumpkin!

Kampin' Karen said...

I with you about not eating blue! I like her camouflage top...and your card!

Tracy Grauer said...

Cute card! And cute granddaughter! Thanks for sharing.

ANN said...

love love love this card
I have been looking for this stamp set for a long time and can't find it. If you ever want to sell yours I would love to buy it


Ann

Debbie Mageed said...

Very pretty Autumn card, LeAnne! Adding the kitties was such a wonderful touch!

JoAnn said...

Pretty fall card. Love your patchwork pumpkin.
Cassidy's cupcakes look delicious. I know she was proud of them.Thanks for sharing.

I Card Everyone said...

Cats, AND cuteness!? Just about the sweetest patchwork anything I've seen to date! One would never know this was fussy cut, LeAnne … xx
=]

Jan Clothier said...

I love, love, love your crazy patchwork pumpkin, LeAnne. It looks like just the thing for Cinderella's coach. The blue cupcakes make me smile as does your inability to eat blue. My children's all time favourite bedtime story book was called 'Droo' and was about an old lady who found a creature at the beach and took him home with her only to discover that it ONLY ate things that were coloured blue!

Lorraine said...

Your beautiful patchwork pumpkin really caught my eye. Believe it or not, we just celebrated our 41st anniversary and those were the colors that the girls wore.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little pumpkin! I like the little cats purring about on your card too, this is pretty LeAnne! Hmm, not sure if I could do the blue either, but the baker sure is cute!

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnne, your wonderful fall card made me SO happy, I love everything about it. The details are wonderful, the two little cats are a great touch and I love that border. I had to show this to my Mum, because I knew she would love your patchwork pumpkin, so clever. I can eat blue things, I'd devour those cupcakes... Cx

Linda Callahan said...

Love that big patterned pumpkin and the scalloped die cut! Great for Halloween!

Ina G said...

Love your patchwork pumpkin LeAnne. Great bg paper and how cute those black cats are especially the one sitting on your sentiment. Great take on the sketch.