Saturday, June 2, 2018

FMS339 Showered with Love


Happy Saturday, peeps!  I have a bridal shower to go to today, and I am sharing the card that I made for my niece, the future bride!  It uses the pretty FMS sketch from Jen B for this week:


The invitation featured a lovely pink and blue floral, and I found these sweet papers in my stash, so I thought she would like this:


These French-inspired papers from Julie Nutting for Photoplay are adorable!  They work so well with the My Favorite Things Homespun Gingham! 


I just won this pretty little "love" die from Recollections, so I used it with some Pink Pirouette cardstock and added two little flowers from Jar of Love, decorated with a little butterfly from the DSP to pop on top:


The final addition was a little stitched scallop to finish off the left edge!  Love it!  Hope you have a great weekend!  

Another snapping turtle traversed our yard, back to the creek that runs behind our house!  It may have been the same one we saw last week, after she laid her eggs; I am not a turtle whisperer, so I won't be getting too close!!  The grass was so long and wet, you can see her trail, coming up from the swamp!


Here's how close she was to our house....she did veer off to the right to continue on through the yard!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Jar of Love
Card stock & Papers     Pink Pirouette, Very Vanilla, Adhesive Sheets,  French Flea Market (Photoplay), Homespun Gingham (My Favorite Things)
 Ink Pink Pirouette, Flirty Flamingo
Accessories Mini Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Everyday Jars Die, Stitched Scalloped Border Die (Lawn Fawn), Love Die (Recollections), 

8 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This is so pretty LeAnne! I’m sure your niece will love it too. Enjoy the shower! Those turtles look huge - not sure I’d be getting too close either!!

Anonymous said...

As regard the current girl, just forget about her.

marlene said...

This card turned out lovely due to your efforts in placement and color combos. It's so spring like.

Kampin' Karen said...

Your card is so perfect for a shower. Perfect take on the sketch and your cuts are seamless. I have a really difficult time getting pieces to fit together. Beautiful work. Have fun.

Jan Clothier said...

Oh, so pretty! Perfect for a bridal shower. The tiny butterfly on the flowers is just that finishing detail that makes it so special.

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful papers! Such a pretty card! And it is a wonder those turtles get anywhere they go so slow!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I love the patterned papers and the soft colours! The flowers are so sweet! I do love that turtle! Thankfully it had a nice yard to travel through!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Karren said...

These patterned papers are gorgeous and made for each other! Absolutely gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.