Friday, October 7, 2016

SPDMIX18 Feathery Thanks


Hey peeps!  Guess what?  NO pumpkins today!  I did use the Sugar Pea Designs sketch, but I did not use the inspiration photo!  

18

I love blue hues, but I am having trouble finding papers that I like!  This particular plaid is from Lawn Fawn, and it is from their Perfectly Plaid Winter line.  I pulled out the retired Four Feathers and stamped them in Basic Black, Lost Lagoon and Baja Breeze:


And the true reason for making this whole card is that I had this shabby seam binding bow sitting on my desk, unused from another project, and I just had to USE it!  I added some black embroidery floss to complement the black on my card;


Then I stamped a sentiment from SU's Basket of Wishes on the plaid.  Since this is going to my minister and his wife for Pastor Appreciation Month, I am not concerned about the bulkiness the bow may make!


Thought I would share another Scotland picture with you....this was in Edinburgh, a little statue of Greyfriar's Bobby.   SO cute; you can read about it here.  Although I don't believe in luck, I did touch his little nose for fun:


and you can see here just how "well-loved" that little nose is!


Enjoy your day, and thanks for coming by!

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, I couldn't have resisted the nose, or the seam binding!! Darling card ... fabulous plaid!
=]

Wendy said...

What a great card, LeAnne! Love the blues and of course those lovely feathers! And i'm not sure who could resist touching the nose of that adorable doggie statue! I have to go read about it! TFS and happy Friday! :)

*Vicki* said...

Wonderful take on the sketch LeAnne!! That doggie statue is so sweet! :) TFS and have a great weekend!

Dona S. said...

This card is wonderful!!! I'm a blue lover too so that is part of the appeal, but you are definitely the champ of shabby bows so that really sold me on this one!!!

It's been 36 years since DH and I went to Scotland, but your pictures bring the memories back as if it was yesterday. You'll never hear me complain about pictures of your trip!!! Hope the hurricane leaves your part of the country alone!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card LeAnne. Love the blues (my favorite color).
Cute photos. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Elton said...

That's a fabulous cluster of feathers and a lovely card!! Cute little nose too ;)

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card LeAnne, I just love those feathers in blue and the plaid! What a cute picture and you with the Bobby! Thank you for sharing with us at SugarPea for the Mix It Up Challenge!