Wednesday, September 5, 2012

iSpy Sketch 31 & RCC69

DSCF8021

Happy Wednesday!  I am ready for some sunshine---PA is in the midst of a rainy, gray bunch of days and I need to see some BLUE sky!!!  My heart and prayers go out to those affected by Isaac…..we are only getting a little influence of him and I know there are others who have lost it all.  Having served in Louisiana after Katrina, I have seen that destruction firsthand.  So no more complaining from me!

I made a real simple card for the iSpy sketch today.  Here’s the sketch, from my sweet friend Karen Dunbrook, who ALWAYS lets me know when one of my cards was favorited over on SCS!  She is amazing!!!

And here’s my funky Halloween card, using Papaya Collage:

DSCF8022

I have been wanting to put that little hat on that bird for a long time!  He’s mounted on an embellishment from the same set, overstamped with the French words from French Foliage and snazzed up with a glimmer brad:

DSCF8024

A shabby bow with a little tag finishes it off!

DSCF8023

Got questions?  I am only an email away!  This qualifies it for challenge 69 at the Ribbon Carousel as well, which is to use a bow!

Learning letters on the “Funny Bear” statue in my neighbor’s driveway!

DSCF6309

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

What a cool card LeAnne. Love that patterned paper, the awesome bird and especially your shabby bow.

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card and I love that fluffy bow.

Carol L said...

You used a great sketch to show off that great dsp! I love the little hat on the bird too! Cute shot of Cassidy too :)

Bev Gomez said...

Hi LeAnne, love your card, and I need bow lessons. That hat on the bird is awesome. I love that set. Thanks for your comments on my TSOT card and not surprised you get awards on your cards. They always are so cool. Hugs, Bev

Linda Callahan said...

this IS funky and I love it! That bow is shabby-licious!

Sylvia said...

Love this cool Halloween card, LeAnne, love the bird! Cassidy is getting to be so big, love that cute photo as well! Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Arielle H Gordon said...

WOW - this is gorgeous LeAnne! Love the paper, and that bow is crazy awesome!!! LOL - the hat on the bird cracks me up!

Hey Miss Cassidy, you sure are getting bigger and prettier every day!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card! So simple yet so awesome! :-)

Love the pics of Cassidy too, she's a cutie!

Linda said...

OH boy now she is learning her letters. What a smart little lady!
Love the card. That back ground paper is really cool. And I love the hat on the bird. Great idea!

Sandie Conner said...

Love this card, such a wonderful halloween card. You put that bird to good use!

jengd said...

Love this- the hat is just way too perfect!

Kim Teasdale said...

That little bird looks like he's ready to par-tay! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at iSpy Sketches! :)