Thursday, June 9, 2011

PPA97, WT326 Get Well

DSCF8013-1

Today’s SCS challenge WT326  is to use piercing, and the Pals Paper Arts challenge 97 is to show your style (and they have blog candy too!)!  My style depends a lot on my mood!  Today was a watercoloring mood!  I have an acquaintance in my Senior Circle Knit Wits group who had some surgery.  I just began attending this group; I DO NOT knit, but I love doing counted cross stitch, so I bring my project and the others bring their knitting and we sit in the beautiful lounge area of our local grocery store!  For an hour, I can just sit and sew and chatter away—it is so nice!  Anyway, this Lockhart knitting basket stamp was perfect for her card:

DSCF8011-1

I stamped the image on watercolor paper and played to my heart’s content with my reinkers and aquapainter!  I stamped the gingham background in Daffodil Delight and cut it out with a Nestie; I added a sentiment using Laura’s little Sentiment Flag die (that thing is SO handy!) and shabbied up some seam binding to give it an additional country feel.  

DSCF8012-1

I like Copics, but I really love watercoloring!  Thanks for looking today!  Another scorcher here—stay cool!

DSCF6633

16 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card! I love this DSP! Cassidy looks like she is having a blast in the pool!

Broni said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! And I love the cheesy pool shot!!

Kim Sheller said...

Beautiful card and beautiful baby! I just added your blog link to mine :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is so cute - and now you just added counted cross stitch to the list of things you accomplish! You and the Energizer Bunny are definitely related! Love that flag too - will go check it out! And your baby bunny is as adorable as ever :)

Linda said...

I love that basket. Is it a stamp? Perfect card for your friend.
Cassidy looks so happy.
I am sitting my a fire it is 58 here today. Were can I go that it is always 70?

Anne Marie Hile said...

LeAnne, I love how this all just "works" together! The papers are so pretty and the color combo is awesome. Cassidy has the right idea to beat this summer heat, for sure. Cutie-patootie! :)

mudmaven said...

What a fantastic card! I love that stamp - need to dig it out and play!! Cassidy sure looks like she's keeping cool. ~chris

Mary Binder said...

Enjoy the baby pictures. Mary Binder Sun City AZ

None None said...

I love this card, LeAnne!! and what a great way to stay cool - kiddie pools are the best. :) Hopefully the heat has broken for you by now. We just had a nice set of thunderstorms roll through in the last couple of hours and the temps dropped 25 degrees and it feels great!

Elaine M said...

Sweet Cassidy always makes me smile - also shiver because we're just in the 50s again today. Two days last week in the 80s and right back down to Juneuary temps.
Love the great card you made for your friend - and it sounds like your new groups will be fun. Hugs

Pam~ said...

Very pretty! I'm so impressed with your watercoloring ... it's beautiful! Your precious granddaughter has the right idea ... chillin' in pool!

Carla said...

Oh LeAnne, you card is gorgeous, your coloring is fabulous. I love it. You have such an awesome eye for detail... and DSP! Cassidy is adorable!!! Hugs,

Laura Pryor said...

LeAnne! This is a fabulous card!! FABULOUS!!! I love your use of Sentiment Flags! And look at all Cassidy's teeth! She's getting so big! Look at how much fun she's having! Awesome picture of her!

Denise Willerton said...

I LOVE this card ~ being a knitter as well, I fell in love with this TFS and stay cool at your end! :D

Melanie C said...

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL card!!! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful! LOVE the mix of patterns! (And Cassidy sure is having fun! I crack up every time I see those "fangs", though!)