Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kitty Birthday

DSCF6540

Happy Thursday!  What  a glorious day it is here in PA---all that humidity blown away, and a cool refreshing temperature has replaced it!  Delightful!  Today’s card is for a man in our church, which fits the Pals Paper Arts masculine color challenge:

PPA96

I also used the sketch from Create with Connie & Mary:

CCMC153

And here’s my card:

DSCF6541

John is our small group leader, a very wise man, lots of fun, and is known throughout the community for his kitty rescues!!!  He has taken in hundreds of stray cats that people drop off by his house; he feeds them, takes them to the vet for shots & neutering, and then finds homes for them.  If he can’t find a home, he has a “Cat House” in his back yard with lots of nooks and crannies, food and soft blankets for the kitties to cuddle up on!  What a soft heart he has!  So this card is for him! 

DSCF6542

It is also for today’s SCS WT 325 challenge, which is to use Diecuts.  I didn’t actually use a die; I used a punch, so I hope they don’t throw me out!

Miss Cassidy, although not crawling yet, finds ways to get into Grammie’s stuff:

DSCF6545-1

DSCF6544

DSCF6551

DSCF6553

Oh well, what’s a few tissues?  Thanks for visiting today!

  • Stamps:  Bring on the Cake, Long Fellows, Four Frames, Afterthoughts
  • Paper:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Patterns DP in Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard & Night of Navy
  • Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, More Mustard , Crumb Cake
  • Acc:  Decorative Label Punch, Dimensionals, Hemp Twine, Word Window Punch, Neutral Brads, Night of Navy Marker

22 comments:

Victoria Lavender said...

Hi LeAnne, What a cute card and nice blog. Your grandchild is adorable too! Yeah! kitty cats and those who love them:)

Ann Schach said...

Adorable card, LeAnne! So perfect for your friend!

Linda Fisher said...

You are just so clever!!! A perfect masculine card and who ever would have thought to use one of the four frames for a guy? Well Done!

Bev J. said...

What a cute image/card for a cat lover!

Love that orange top Cassidy has on !

Linda said...

Great card, I love that cat!
Looks like a lot more fun then those old toys.
Did you see that you won the WF face book challenge?

Marisa said...

My daughter would love to help John out as she is a huge cat lover. Bless his heart for helping them out. Love the card - too cute. Got a big giggle our of the Kleenex box picture - sorry! Brought back memories. Time to move things up a level, especially once the crawling begins.

Dawn Tidd said...

Love this card! Great way to use these colors. Aren't grandchildren fun!?

Kathy said...

He will love his card -how thoughtful of you.

Linda Callahan said...

This is a great sketch and I love what you did with it! How cute that little kitty is in the frame! And how cute that little kiddie is in the sunsuit!

~amy~ said...

What a cutie pie!!!!! Love your card too:) I've been meaning to pop over here to see it you have an embedded comment box and you don't:)

Carrie Sampsel said...

What a cute card!! I'm sure he will love it. I have an 18 month old little boy and I always find my craft supplies hidden in the wierdest places. lol She is tooo cute.

Carla said...

Give John a huge hug from me!!! How awesome of him! I saw on TV a guy that did this and his cat house out back. Your card is fabulous, I love it. I remember when Paige was so into kleenex's... she would sit and pull each one out and either wipe her nose or mine. lol She had so much fun and the smile on her face was priceless. Thanks for the memory... awesome. Hugs,

~Erica~ said...

You are amazing!!! I love that stamp set by have a hard time using it! You use of the cat in the fram is so smart! You rock as always Leanne! :-) Thanks for playing at CCMC!

Tammy Hershberger said...

As usual... what's cuter? The baby or the card? I can't decide!

Debbie Henderson said...

I love kitties and your little cat peeking from the four frames is so adorable!

Melanie C said...

Wonderful birthday card! I love the twine element. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts this week.

Carrie Gaskin said...

This is so great on so many levels! wonderful use of the colours and sketch and I certainly wouldn't throw you out for not using a die cut! Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

Lisa Martz said...

I was distracted by the CUTE baby! BUT, your card is adorable as well. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge!

Deb said...

Super cute card! I love how you punched out the middle of the frame! Such a great idea! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Ooooooo LeAnne! I just love how you combined these challenges! I am absolutely at a loss with the images from that hostess set but I LOVE how you have it peeking out from the frame! Thanks for joining us this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge.

Nance Leedy said...

Brilliant use of a what I find to be a difficult stamp set--that kitty is purrfectly at home peeking out of the negative space. You are so CLEVER!! Congrats on your CCMC win too--you're right TPP girls do ROCK!!

Connie Babbert said...

This is such a FUN card...love the cat cut out and placed in the frame! Clever! Congrats on being chosen for Top 3 at Create with Connie and Mary this week!