Thursday, August 12, 2010

SSC163

DSCF8810

Oh my, this is probably one of the silliest cards I ever made….I wanted to use my new Night Owl DP and the Stamping 411 sketch 163:

ssc163

but somehow the interpretation just didn’t pan out the way I had planned:

DSCF8809

Maybe it’s that Concord Crush cardstock….just can’t quite get on board with that shade of purple.  I didn’t want to cover up any of the design, so I used vellum as my horizontal piece….maybe I should have sponged that as well as the DP.  Oh well……I am thrilled with the new little sparkly brads that are in the Holiday Mini catalog, though:

DSCF8812

Well, this is short and sweet….still waiting for DD to have her baby.  Waiting is the hardest thing!!!  But signs are there that it may be soon!  Thanks for visiting today!  If you don’t hear from me for a couple days, you’ll know where I am!

  • Stamps:  All Holidays
  • Paper:  Vellum CS, Concord Crush, Tangering Tango, Perfect Plum, Basic Black, Night Owl DP
  • Ink:  Stazon, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango (for sponging)
  • Acc:  Dauber, Circle Punches, Large Oval Punch, Narrow Black Ribbon, Sparkly Brad, SAMJ, dimensionals

9 comments:

Carol L said...

Ohhh, that tree is eerily spooky, but it's perfect for Halloween and I LOVE how you colored it!!

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

It's cute! Hooray for Halloween cards!!! I love that brad...now I have to order them! Oh I hope she has that baby soon!

Ann said...

Wowza, that tree is amazing! I love it!

1CardCreator said...

Cute card, I bet you just can't wait for that baby to arrive! All the best. ~Diane

Heidi said...

I don't know what you mean about silly, this is terrific! I love that spooky tree and how the paper goes perfectly with the image. Awesome use of velum!

Nance Leedy said...

What are you talking about??!! This card is AMAZING! Coloring the corner of the tree paper is a GENIUS way to use this dsp. I have it too and love it but didn't know what to do with it but YOU did. The vellum is the perfect eerie, foggy touch. This is spectacular. Hope DD has that wee babe soon! :-)

Linda said...

Oh goodness waiting for a baby is the most exciting of all! Your are all in my thought and prayers.
I love the spooky card! That tree is wonderful!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhhhhhh, awesome card! FANTASTIC colors and I LOVE that tree!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What's silly about it? I think this is fabulous!