Thursday, May 6, 2010

Club Hostess Gift

DSCF7770

My stamp clubs meet this month, and I always like to give a little gift to my hostesses. I bought some Laughing Cow cheese, and when it was finished, I thought the little round container would make a fun recycled holder for some bits & bobs that I collect as I am creating. Above, I covered the sides with some Razzleberry Lemonade paper strips; and the top sports a scalloped circle of Melon Mambo, a ribbon flower and a tag:

DSCF7771

I admit I need some practice on the ribbon flowers! The tag was stamped with a little butterfly from Flight of the Butterfly, and the sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.

Here’s a little peek at the goodies that I tucked inside. These are just punchouts, stamped items I didn’t use, bits of ribbon, etc., that I collect along the way – I hate to throw them away, so hopefully my hostesses can play with them!

This also qualifies for the Stampin’ Royalty Challenge #18- Anything But a Card, and the City Crafter Challenge, Terrific Tag!  I hope my hostess has fun with this and all her other goodies!

17 comments:

mudmaven said...

This is absolutely adorable and what a great hostess gift! I think your ribbon flower is perfect too. She's going to love it. ~chris

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is lovely! Love that bright color, love that flower, love that tag too! Great job on Terrific Tag at CCCB, thanks for playing along with us!

Krystal De Leeuw said...

What a great way to use this container. I Love Laughing Cow cheese. Now I'll have to start hoarding the containers! Perfect little gift to give your hostess. I love that ribbon flower. I really need to make me one of these. Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Way to be green and creative. This is adorable - I think that ribbon flower is perfect.
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin' Royalty.

savvy teaching tips said...

How creative. Great job. I love the flower that you made. And I also love Laughing Cow. And I love your new blog template.

Kathy Martin said...

What a sweet little gift! I love all the little goodies inside! :)

Elaine M said...

Now what in the world could you possibly find wrong with your flower! It is wonderful...all your creations are! And the Laughing Cow container is just the perfect size - thanks for the idea!

Bev J. said...

Love the idea of the bits and pieces in the cute container. I always love "stuff" like that as I might not have the same paper, punches, etc. At the crop I went to last month, the hostess had a table with all kinds of paper, punches, punch outs, embellies we could use. Fun to look through the "stuff".

june lanum said...

cute and what a clever idea. Hope to see you next week at CCCB

Michelle-Jersey Girl said...

What a fantastic idea! Oh I love it...and that little ribbon flower is adorable!

Shanda Stirk said...

Fabulous idea! Your ingenious idea looks wonderful - great choice of colors and design. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Tammy Hershberger said...

I see a fantastic ribbon flower! Don't know what you're talking about it needing work! This is adorable, and I LOVE the colors!

Unknown said...

How clever is this! I love it, and I think your ribbon flower is perfect! and you little tag is adorable.

Thanks for playing along with us over at the CCCB.

Sylvia said...

This is a really wonderful gift! What a great idea and so pretty! Happy Mother's Day to you.

Heather Rogers said...

Very cute! You did a wonderful job with the ribbon flower. Better than me. :)

Sarah said...

I love the ribbon flower! What a great job, I'm sure you're hostess will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

Jody Makela said...

Terrific idea for a hostess gift or even your own crafting space, thank you for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.