Happy Tuesday, peeps! I have a patriotic card for you today, and it is for the current sketch at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Here we go:
And here's our sketch:
Our church recently hosted a 250th celebration put on by our township's Historical Committee. Unfortunately, it rained, plus there were many other activities going on that day, so the attendance was sparse. But the Committee did a wonderful job; we had the Brandywine Harps do a concert of patriotic songs; Charlie Zahm and friend supplied songs of the era and lots of historical tidbits about the first 250 years of our country, and we heard from another historian about several different Revolutionary War veterans buried in our cemetery! (BTW, Charlie plays all over the country, so if you ever get a chance to see and hear him, you won't be disappointed! He looks good in a kilt, too!) So this is to be a thank-you card to the committee for doing such a great job!
I started my card by cutting some strips from Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy and Basic Beige with a Taylored Expression die, then simply adhering them to a piece of scrap paper, then to a Basic Beige card. I stamped this little flag from the retired Star-Spangled Banner in both the Cherry and Navy colors, did a bit of fussy-cutting, then added a wee tiny glimmery star and plopped it on top:
At first, I was a bit intimidated by the sketch, but being able to diecut four strips at a time with the die made everything go quickly! I hope you won't be intimidated by it, and that you'll play along with us at Atlantic Hearts! Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!
| Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified | |
| Stamps | Star-Spangled Banner (ret) |
| Card stock & Papers | Basic Beige, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, White Glimmer (ret) |
| Ink | Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy |
| Accessories | Dimensionals |
| Tools | Big Shot, Sports Event Dies (ret), 1/2" Easy Strips Dies (Taylored Expressions) |

3 comments:
Beautiful card, LeAnne! It looks very simple but I bet diecutting those layers in different colors was a chore. The finished product though is amazing and for a good cause! Great card for this week's challenge! TFS
That TE die is a keeper, LeAnne! and I love the stitching it adds to the strips.
A wonderful card using the sketch and for celebrating this wonderful event!
=]
Awesome card, TFS
Post a Comment