Tuesday, July 25, 2023

JAI662 Special Birthday

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I totally forgot that I made this card yesterday to post today---and I want to get it entered at Just Add Ink, so I cannot delay any longer!  Here's their sketch:


I needed a birthday card for a friend who loves purple, so I pulled out some of the retired Hues of Happiness DSP and paired it with some Highland Heather cardstock, and here we go:


The Highland Heather layer was embossing the Stitched Greenery die, and accented with Starry Sky edges, and the sentiment is heat-embossed in white on another Starry Sky piece,, accented with a Fresh Freesia layer, some fussy-cut flowers, a little gem and some sparkly ribbon:


And even after twenty years of stamping, I still cannot get a decent embossed image without any strays---I used an embossing buddy, flick it off with a paintbrush...any number of things!  Anyone have any tips for the best ink/embossing powder/techniques to use??? I'd be happy to hear them!  Finally, a sentiment from Picture Perfect Birthday, one of my all-time favorite sets, went on the inside:


And it's off in the mail!  Thanks so much for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Dainty Delight, Picture Perfect Birthday (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Fresh Freesia, Highland Heather, Starry Sky, Hues of Happines DSP (ret)
 Ink Craft White, Starry Sky
Accessories White Embossing Powder, Faceted Gem (ret), Glittered Organdy Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Heat Tool, Stitched Greenery Die (ret)

11 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Another gorgeous card, LeAnne! Love that DSP and the sparkly ribbon. I couldn't wait to get that bundle and DSP and have barely used it!! I need to remedy that soon!

Beth Kochheiser said...

I share your embossing frustration!! Follow every step. Make sure I have plenty of Versa Mark on my pad...
but sigh, I always have dome of those "floaters". I still love your card!!

I Card Everyone said...

You've managed to find every shade of purple in your beautiful DSP, LeAnne - and what a beauty it is!
I have resorted to scraping or sanding those pesky strays off without too much damage.
=]

Mary K said...

Make sure your embossing powder is fresh/new.

Kampin' Karen said...

Very pretty and, I too, share your frustration with the embossing.

Ann D said...

Love this card! I have a lot of DSP to "use up" and this is a great layout for stash cards.

As others have said, plenty of Versa Mark (a stamp positioner helps with ensuring that via repeated stampings) and fresh embossing powder. I also inspect the entire area thoroughly and remove any stray flecks of powder using super-sharp tweezers before turning on the heat tool. Once that powder is melted, there's no going back.

Bonnie said...

I think my embossing buddy must add something that makes embossing powder stick. Or maybe I just don't do a good job of rubbing with the buddy, but I always have strays too. I don't see anything amiss and think your purple loving friend will be delighted!

Lisa Elton said...

That purple loving friend of yours is going to be thrilled with this birthday card, it's wonderful!

Nikki Spencer said...

LOVE your colour choices LeAnne, such a pretty card! Thanks so much for sharing at Just Add Ink.

Wendy said...

What a wonderful birthday card, LeAnne! Love the colors and you surely cannot go wrong with that DSP & Stitched Greenery Die! Your friend is going to love this beauty! For the embossing question...I always make sure I use the embossing buddy really well on the cardstock before the heat gun hits it. Hope that helps.

Jeanne H said...

A lovely card, I too love purple. Love to emboss, so I just put up with the strays...it's a hand-made card after all. TFS