Sunday, June 4, 2023

PP643 Hubby Father's Day Card

Happy Sunday, friends!  Another Sunday means another Paper Players challenge with the talented Ann as our hostess!  It's theme week and here's what she chose:

A timely challenge indeed! Love all those little inspirations!  However,  I took some inspiration from the inspiration photo AND the sketch at Inspired By this week:



So that's what I used for my hubby's Father's Day card:


I used a few new goodies on it, too!  I first embossed a panel of Smoky Slate with the Timber embossing folder; I found that a quick, easy way to add ink to the raised areas is to used a little ink spot, inked with Craft White ink....went on like a charm!  I diecut three panels using Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Very Vanilla and the new Copper Clay with the Stitched Rectangle dies, then ran them through the new Twisted Rope embossing folder in keeping with the nautical theme!


I added a diecut anchor in Brushed Silver cardstock, "anchored" by some twine, and added a sentiment banner using words from Best Family Ever.  On the inside, I stamped the Father's Day sentiment in Night of Navy and then stamped the compass image on top using Versamark ink so it wouldn't detract from it too much.  I really like the effect it made!


John might be disappointed that there's no sailboat on his card, but it does  have a nautical theme!  I hope you'll find some inspiration to create your own masculine card for our challenge this week too!  Check out what the DT created at the Paper Players blog....we can't wait to see what you create as well!

I am also going to enter this over at the As You See It challenge---it's their 300th, and their theme is "Adventure"!  Life certainly can be an adventure, right?!


Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps He's All That, Best Family Ever
Card stock & Papers     Smoky Slate, Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Very Vanilla, Copper Clay, Brushed Metallic Silver (ret)
 Ink Night of Navy, Copper Clay, Versamark, Craft White
Accessories Dimensionals, Thick Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Timber Embossing Folder, Twisted Rop Embossing Folder, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies (ret), Sea Charms Dies (My Favorite Things)

16 comments:

~amy~ said...

Wonderful! Love all the added texture.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge!

Bonnie said...

This makes a perfect Father's Day card, LeAnne! It's especially good for a boater.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you 'had me' at grey woodgrain! What a fabulous embossing folder!
John will love every inch of it because YOU made it just for him and his love of all things nautical!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a great card! I love that rope EF and the way you did the inside sentiment is perfect! I tend to forget about Versamark except for embossing...thanks for the inspiration!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This card is a triumph of texture LeAnne - and such a great take on the inspired by photo too.

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, all that wonderful texture on the color blocks is fabulous. Great job on the inspiration photo - I ran from that one :-) The anchor is the perfect finishing touch for this fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Lisa Elton said...

What a great card! I think John will still be happy with it and the love that went into it!

Wendy said...

Super fun card, LeAnne! I love all the texture you added with the 2 different embossing folders! Great bunch of colors and the added anchor just brings it all together! You could always add a sailboat to the inside, too! John is going to love it! :)

Heather said...

So fun - love the design you put together - how fabulous is all that texture?? I also love your inside, what a cool way to do the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

Ann Schach said...

So much yummy texture on this fun nautically inspired card, LeAnne! I love the anchor accent. You really rocked my challenge this week!

Suzanne said...

LeAnne, I don't know what I like more, all the texture or your color combination. It all works together so well. Great card! Suzy

Fran Wing said...

Hello, LeAnne! I love the nautical masculine elements on your card! The layering and texturing are particularly impressive!
Xoxo, Fran

Jan Clothier said...

What a lovely masculine colour combination - heck, it's just a lovely combination! The added texture is just perfect. Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

Life is an adventure LeAnne, and from my experience, so can boating be, especially if you tend to get seasick!! I love the rope texture in your collage, and the colours you've used. The colours evoke a marine theme as does the anchor you've used! Thanks for joining us for our 300th Challenge Celebration at As You See It.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Awesome card, LeAnne! Love the mix of colors and that little anchor is the perfect detail.

Jane Knudsen said...

This is brilliant LeAnne! I love the colors and love how you put this together! Truly the best use of that embossing folder that I have seen! The anchor - perfect! Thanks for joining us for our 300th at As You See It!