Sunday, January 27, 2019

PP426 HB2U

 

Hi everyone!  Sunday means Paper Players time, and Jaydee has a sweet sketch for us:


My great-nephew Sawyer has his first birthday coming up, so I found some fun animal-themed papers and pulled out my sadly-neglected Owl punch and my also-sadly-neglected Labeler Alphabet stamps to make his card!!  Here we go:


Mr Owl was punched out of a scrap of Early Espresso; his vest was decorated with some hand-drawn "plaid" with a Cajun Craze marker, and I added a little candle from a retired set called Sweet Stuff:


I added the "H B 2 U" along a branch, diecut with the Seasonal Layers Thinlets, then added a sentiment from the Sweet Stuff set on the inside of the So Saffron card:


So what will you create with this sketch?!  It's a great basic sketch, be sure to check out the PP blog to see what the designers came up with...some beautiful creations there...and share yours with us too!

And here is a rare photo of our wee little ginger-haired birthday boy---rare because he is SMILING!  As long as he is in his daddy or mommy's arms, he's as happy as can be!  I know it's just a phase, but we all would like to have a chance to hold him, LOL!


And I don't think I shared this family photo, taken the evening before my dad's funeral; you can see Sawyer down at the bottom with his brother Jameson (who has a candy cane in his hand, not a toothbrush!!).  Everybody looks pretty good except for Cassidy, who has her eyes closed, and my BIL Jim, who is standing behind my sister...all you can see of him is his glasses on top of his head!  We got a good chuckle out of that!


It's been an emotional weekend....enjoy your family and tell them you love them...you never know what tomorrow might bring!  Enjoy your day and be blessed as well!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Labeler Alphabet, Sweet Stuff (ret)
Card stock & Papers     So Saffron, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Basic Black, Naturals White, Soft Sky (ret), Nestled DSP (Authentique)
 Ink Cajun Craze, Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Seasonal Layers Thinlets, Owl Punch (ret), SU Markers, 1/4" Square Punch (ret)

10 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

What a cutie Sawyer is and I just love that family photo. You have such a beautiful family LeAnne! You have been in my thoughts, my friend. As always, you have created the perfect card for the occasion. That patterned paper is so fun with the punched owl and that sentiment inside the card just makes me smile. Too cute!

Lisa Elton said...

He looks quite dapper in his plaid vest! I like the teeny sentiment letters and the single candle. Sawyer sure is a little cutie and just look at your beautiful family. Thinking of you and sending a hug.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I was so happy to see your little owl this week LeAnne - I miss him so! Love him combined with the patterned paper and funky modern sentiment - perfect for Sawyer's birthday. What a great family photo too. You have been in my thoughts as you continue with your sorting; sending you hugs!

Jan Clothier said...

Great card for a little fella! Isn't funny how we overlooks sets? I often forget I've got the labeller alphabet, yet it's always fun to use. Love the owl's checked vest.

Claire Broadwater said...

I love that fabulous family photo! So difficult to get a great picture of so many people! Cassidy is adorable even with her eyes closed.
Sawyer is so precious! Love his name and that fantastic smile! The little owl card is just perfect! I love how you paper pieced his outfit! I know his Mommy will save this special card! Stay warm, My Friend! Big HUGS to you! XX

Ann Schach said...

Sawyer is a cutie patootie...and so is this card! Everything about this card is adorable...so many details. I also loved the family photo. I had to giggle at the glasses. Once I saw them, my gaze just kept on returning to them! Stay warm!

Linda Callahan said...

Adorable card....great mix of color and,pattern! And your family pix are wonderful! Tough time for sure but having family around definitely helps!

Jaydee said...

What a cutie!!!! Sawyer, that is. I love the card, too. It's so perfect with all of those wonderful bright colors and animal elements. What a wonderful card to celebrate a 1st birthday. Fabulous take on the sketch
hugs
jaydee

Wanda Cullen said...

LeAnne, I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad! Big hugs to you! Love your paper pieced owl which I'm sure was a hit with sweet Sawyer! Always enjoy your family photos!

laurie said...

So cute...what awesome photos. The card is so cute too..love the owl!