Thursday, December 20, 2018

IB52 Sleds Sleds Sleds

Hello everyone!  I'm back...not "whole", but I am working through the grieving process due to my dad's sudden death.  THANK YOU to every single one of you who sent cards, prayers and thoughts to me and my family.  They really meant a lot to us! My family and I had several wonderful days together and we are trying to get back to a new normal!  Now if I can just get through my "bereavement brain"...honestly, the thoughts just drop out of my head like a bucket being emptied....I should be okay, LOL!  

Laurel's fun vintage prompt for today's Inspired By challenge prompted me to make a wintery thank you card....I am going to need many of them in the coming weeks!  So here's my card using the Alpine Sports thinlets:


And here is Laurel's prompt:


Believe it or not, I still have a sled like this....it's not much good on our little hill, but I usually dress it up with an old pair of skates and a big bow and put it on my porch as a decoration!  For my card, I diecut my sleds from some Wood Textures DSP, then colored the slats with some Real Red and Shaded Spruce blends:


I used a piece of Festive Farmhouse DSP for the background panel, running it through the Big Shot with the Subtle EF, then doing some sponging to give it more of a woodgrain look.  I added some sprigs of greenery behind the sled and some baker's twine bows.  My "thanks" is from A Big Thank You, stamped in Early Espresso, as is my card base.  I added a little more stamping on the inside:


I hope that this cool vintage photo will give you some inspiration to create something of your own!  Share it with us at Inspired By...can't wait to see what you come up with!

I took Cassidy to a little ballet performance at a local high school as a surprise - four of her church friends were in it and at first, she informed me that she "hated" ballet!  But she had fun looking for her friends' names and characters in the program (the show was Snow White and the Seven Dwarves):


And it was a really good experience for her...we had to guess what characters were represented by the costumes, including trees, fire and owls; what the story line was (it was slightly different than the regular story), and we had to recognize the characters her friends were dancing!  We both agreed that one of her friends made a perfect Grumpy!!!  It was a quick little program, and a nice diversion for a Saturday afternoon!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps A Big Thank You, Alpine Adventure
Card stock & Papers     Early Espresso, Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Festive Farmhouse DSP, Wood Textures DSP
 Ink Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Crumb Cake
Accessories Festive Farmhouse Cotton Twine, Thick Baker's Twine (ret)
Tools     Big Shot, Alpine Sports Thinlets, Pretty Pines Thinlets, Blends, Sponge Daubers

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh LeAnne, I'm so happy to see your card this morning! It is beyond adorable, and I love those old wooden sleds!
Spending a little extra time doing fun things with that little sweetie must be the highlight of the Season!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Yes, the bereavement fog comes out of nowhere, doesn't it! Sometimes it lingers and sometimes it is fleeting. This too shall pass. I am blessed by you. BTW your card is spectacular!!

Dawn Tidd said...

Great job matching the inspiration sleds, so cute! Love the inside too! Sounds like a fun program you and Cassidy attended...and she looks happy to be there. 😀

Laurel said...

I love this card! Those sleds are perfect!

Vickie said...

This is so perfect LeAnne. I have a couple of sled dies...didn’t get to one this year...Love that you took Cassidy to the Ballet...culture for the little one. And special that her friends were in it.. I know this will be a difficult Christmas for you. Sudden deaths, I think we more difficult due to the shock. Be kind to yourself and take your time to grieve..You are in my prayers. Peace and comfort...may they be yours.
God’s Blessings.

Lisa Elton said...

Hello sweet friend, it's wonderful to see you crafting again. I love the rustic country look this pretty card has. Looks like Cassidy had a good time even if she doesn't like ballet! She's too cute!

Cheryl Mooney said...

The sled card does bring back memories.
So glad you're back, we missed you.
I'm glad that you got to spend time with your family.

Wendy said...

What a cute card, LeAnne! I love how you created the sleds in 2 different colors! So fun & festive at this time of year. Happy to see you back to stamping & creating! Looks like your night out with Miss Cassidy was exactly what you needed after a difficult time. Hang in there! Love & hugs to you & your family...

Linda Callahan said...

Love these sleds! Great card! And Micc C looks Iike she did enjoy herself!