Saturday, February 25, 2017

CAS Sympathy


Happy Saturday, peeps!  My friend Michele shared two beautiful cards recently using this gorgeous board from Ellen Hutson as her inspiration:

58fc33a4b2196b3d687ab65298a29cb9

Such a pretty color, I had to play along!  Unfortunately, I needed another sympathy card so I thought I would do some "florals" using Swirly Bird, which has been neglected lately:


My large circular image doesn't seem to accept the ink very well...not sure if it is the Pool Party ink or the stamp itself.  I'll have to play with it some more to see!  Anyway, I used Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise and Bermuda Bay for my flowers, masking them with a post-it note, and the leaves are Wild Wasabi; the sentiment is from an older Paper Pumpkin kit:


I stamped another flower on top of the sentiment from Thoughts and Prayers on the inside.


I am hoping I don't have to make too many more of these!  Be sure to stop back tomorrow for a new Paper Players challenge where I am the hostess!  Have a great day!

It has been crazy warm here in PA, so Cassidy and Grampy went out before school to do some chalk artwork on the driveway!  Cassidy drew a cardinal:



Grampy chose a more manly image of a tractor trailer, LOL!


Be blessed!

Project Details--All Supplies Stampin Up Unless Otherwise Noted
Stamps Swirly Bird, Paper Pumpkin (sympathy), Thoughts and Prayers
Card stock & Papers     Thick White Cardstock
 Ink Soft Sky, Pool Party, Tempting Turquoise, Bermuda Bay, Palette Noir, Wild Wasabi
Accessories
Tools     Post-it Notes

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Another beautiful sympathy card, LeAnne! Never thought to use the Swirly Bird set for a sympathy card but I really love the look of this! You have inspired me to get my set out later today to play! Love how simple this is and those pretty colors together! I got a call from my customer on Thursday. She requested a bunch of sympathy cards....she said her church had 4 people pass away this past week so she was in desperate need of sympathy cards. So sad! Anyways, loved the chalk drawings from Cassidy & Grampy! It sure was beautiful to be outside and enjoy the weather this past week! Today will be a good day to stay in & stamp!! TFS and have a great weekend! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

This would be good to enter in Just Add Ink's ombre challenge :-)

Unknown said...

I just love your cards! Thank you for sharing your talents:)

I Card Everyone said...

REally lovely, LeAnne! Winter is back, and this bit of pretty is just what the doctor ordered this morning! LOve the artistry, C. & G.- you must have the best decorated drive in the neighborhood!
=]

stampwithsandy said...

Beautiful one layer card, perfect layering of the images. Do you have a Misti? Sometimes those solid images have to be stamped twice.

Jan Clothier said...

Simply beautiful! Classic and elegant.

Stampingcountry said...

What a happy Sympathy Card in a beautiful color combo!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beautiful Sympathy card!! Love this LeAnne. Great driveway works of art!