Sunday, August 14, 2016

Paper Players 308 Back to School Color Challenge


Hi all!  It's Sunday, and that means it's Paper Players time!  Claire is our hostess and she is channeling all those years of being a teacher with these fun "back to school" colors:


I knew exactly what I was going to use when I saw the colors!  I had been given these cool diecut borders from my sweet friend Linda years ago, and they have been shuffled around in my craft room ever since.....you can see how "vintage" they look; a bit tattered and wrinkled (just like me!):


But I used them anyway, pairing them with some DSP that was also gifted to me by my friend Martha! Perfect for the challenge!  For my focal point, I created a little slate with some retired SU chalkboard paper, stamping a Papertrey sentiment in white ink, letting it dry thoroughly, then adding the apple image from the same set (Fruit Fusion: Apple Mini).  I created the frame with some Crumb Cake cardstock and the Hardwood background stamp:


I smudged just a wee little bit of white ink around the edges to make it look chalky!  A couple of candy dots finished it off!

I hope you'll play with us this week...not all the designers chose the back-to-school theme for their colors...you must see them, they're amazing:

The garden is keeping us busy; Cassidy was helping me snap beans after our afternoon swim..."snip snip SNAP"...and she found one that looked like a bird:


and she said this one was the curl "in the middle of her forehead" just like the little girl who was horrid!
 

Enjoy your day---stay cool!



12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a super cute card LeAnne!! I just LOVE the bright and bold colors from the challenge! Great take on it!! ;)

mudmaven said...

Love the card!! She is such a cutie and a helper too! Enjoy the rest of the summmer. ~chris

Linda Callahan said...

Well I Would say everything came together perfectly. Adorable for back to school!

Colleen Begley said...

Super cute card, LeAnne. I really like the clever and creative chalkboard focal point. Could there be any more perfect die cuts for a "back to school" card?

laurie said...

Those borders are so cute! VERY creative use of the hardwood to make that frame for your chalk board,too. The ruler paper fits perfect in your design...YAY for Martha...always nice to have friends who share!

I remember snapping beans with my mom and grandma too, what awesome memories you are making together:)

Lisa Elton said...

Your background is perfect for that adorable chalkboard!! CUTE back to school card LeAnne! Cassidy is a hoot ;)

stampwithsandy said...

So adorable! Love this LeAnne, especially the little chalkboard. I used to snap beans with my mom, too! Except I used to eat a good deal of them raw :)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that background of dies and rulers LeAnne - the perfect backdrop for your cute chalkboard. A great back to school card!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card, LeAnne! Your die cuts are perfect! Such a fantastic "Back To School" card! The chalkboard is just fabulous! You certainly made my color shine! XXX

Hannelie said...

Fabulous card making the challenge colors shine!

Stampingcountry said...

Sweet Back to School Theme!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, love those dumber and letter edges - they are perfect with the DSP. Awesome card.
Hugs
Jaydee