Wednesday, November 4, 2015

CCCB286 Oh Deer

DSCF2660-001

Hi, everyone!  Hope you’re having a good week so far!  The City Crafter Challenge blog is encouraging us to get ready for Christmas with this fun inspiration photo:

The last couple of weeks have been spent making some items for a little craft show at my local Curves, and a couple of items had a deer theme, so I thought I’d share those.  The first is a card using a Tim Holtz diecut deer in Baja Breeze, mounted on some old, old Christmas paper I’ve had in my stash:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Tim Holtz Deer Christmas

I am smitten with the sentiments from Papertrey’s new set called O Holy Night; such lovely snippets from verses and carols, I just love them!  It was stamped directly on the DSP with some Early Espresso ink. 

I also had a couple of these small jar candles from another project, so I pulled out some seasonal DSP, again featuring deer silhouettes, added a banner greeting, some twill ribbon and a tiny star-embellished tag, tied with some linen thread!  I love the country look of this one too…I think country and Christmas go together so well! 

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Christmas Deer Jar Candle

We had some unseasonably warm temps yesterday, and Cassidy had no school, so I took her out for a long walk in the afternoon to collect acorns and hazelnuts; she likes to toss them in the creek that runs behind our house!

DSCF2707

DSCF2712

DSCF2718

Into the creek they go!

DSCF2714

Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love today's card - great paper background! Looks like yesterday's walk was fun - and mild enough for flip flops too! Clearly those wellies are being reserved for indoor play by Miss Cassidy!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty card!! The DP is wonderful and your deer die cut so elegant! Sounds like a fun day with your girl ;)

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful card!! And I love how you decorated that little candle jar! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!