Monday, September 21, 2015

FMS204

DSCF2020

Hi everyone!  Hope you had a great weekend, I know we did!  I have another quick card today using the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:

and the reverse side of some of the Into the Woods DSP I used earlier in the week:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Endless Thanks Stampin Up

I only use Rich Razzleberry under threat of torture or coercion; it’s not that I don’t like it, I just don’t gravitate towards any shade of purple!  So when I saw this viney pattern, I thought to myself, “You should challenge yourself to USE that”!  So I pulled out Endless Thanks, because that little fern stamp seemed like it would be a good match for the DSP!  I stamped the sentiment full-strength, but for the fainter image, my fellow team member Nance shared a tip for stamping off using photopolymer stamps:  stamp once on a tissue, (like a Kleenex), then on your paper!  It worked beautifully!  For some reason, stamping off on paper just doesn’t give them same effect as rubber stamps!  I love the softer look:

DSCF2017

I added some flowers from the same set and a little baker’s twine bow to finish my simple card.  I did add a diecut border in Rich Razzleberry to accentuate this purple that I never use, LOL!

We had a great day on Saturday at the Jersey shore, celebrating my step-FIL’s 90th birthday!

DSCF1989

Some of the crew as we enjoyed the sunshine!  And scenes from the beach and boardwalk:

DSCF1986

DSCF1999

and while we were enjoying the NJ sunshine, Cassidy was spending another fun-filled day at Dutch Wonderland with her little friend Dominic!

12046581_10154171001642646_8761777891690215525_n

This one just cracks me up:

12032188_10206995715563368_463119517167491122_n

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

None None said...

Such a delightful monochromatic card, LeAnne! The scallop border is a great complement to the viney paper. I'm like you, I rarely use purple unless I'm challenged to use it. I'll have to remember the tip about stamping off onto tissues for photopolymer stamps. Glad you had a great day at the Jersey shore!

Dawn Tidd said...

Good for you challenging yourself! It turned out great with all that Rich Razzelberry! I need to try this myself… :)

Darlene Gabriel said...

Looks like you had perfect weather for you little celebration.......and fun too.
Way to go on challenging yourself and on your pretty use of Rich Razzleberry. I really like the addition of the twine too.

Jen Mitchell said...

I had not heard of that tip for stamping off with clear stamps. I'll have to give that a try. I never got good results stamping off onto paper so I'm glad there's a solution!

And you may not like purple all that much, but you use it so well! Love the vine-y design!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this just lovely LeAnne! I am loving the monochromatic tones and the stamps you've used I didn't know about that tissue stamping either - might have to give it a go myself. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!