Saturday, June 15, 2013

DS105

DSCF5812

Happy, happy Saturday, peeps!  A quick post for today—we are going to a 30th anniversary party for friends, and it is a very special party, as our friend Randy suffered a sudden stroke in December, at age 59….scary stuff.  He is on the mend, but still dealing with speech and cognitive issues.  He was a very active guy, so this has been a challenging year for their family! 

I used the Deconstructed Sketch for my card:

Deconstructed Sketch 105

and it had a lot of fun elements to it, so I picked a “theme” – polka dots –  and found some more fun MME papers:

DSCF5811

I used a bunch of different stamps (email me if you have ????) and had fun putting everything together!  I did a little double tag at the top:

DSCF5813

and got to use one of my favorite Bible verses for the inside:

DSCF5814

I believe that Randy has gotten as far as he has in his recovery because of the prayers of friends, coworkers and family…..he has been surrounded by love!

And here’s my little love:

DSCF5795

DSCF5798

Blog Button 20-002

7 comments:

Kara said...

Yay!! Jumping in puddles! Lol! Great card as always!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Love the card! The colours are so fun! I also love the sketch and just might do it this week!

And I hope your friend Randy get feeling better fast!

Bev Gomez said...

Yay the weekend. I love your cards from the last 3 days. Just haven't had time to comment. Been freezing berries and rhubarb till I get up and get my jars. Have a great weekend.

Linda said...

Really a sweet card. Wow 30 years. That is amazing. And a stroke at 59 is scary. Really makes you think.
Enjoy your party and thanks for sharing you sweet little one.

Kristi said...

What a sweet anniversary card! I'm sorry about your friend's stroke,it is scary to think of one so young. I see Cassidy found a puddle to play in:so cute!

Tania said...

Wonderful card. Congrats to your friends and prayers for continued recovery for Randy. Cassidy is adorable. I so love seeing her pics. I've kinda lost track of how old she is now.. 3ish?

Patrice said...

So pretty - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/06/52-card-pickup-225.html