Wednesday, April 10, 2013

No Challenges Here

DSCF3918
Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Today’s card was sort of an experiment; I wasn’t even going to make anything from this paper, I was just playing around with some stuff I pulled from MDS.  But it turned out pretty cute, so I decided to finish it and make a card:
DSCF3919
I found this pretty DP in one of the background paper choices (obviously, I am going to have to favorite these or write them down, because I can’t remember the names of all of them!) and I know it was from a Christmas pack, but what impressed me most was the intensity of the color and how pretty the pattern was, just printed on plain old computer paper---no cardstock here!   I decided to try some stamping directly on it, and I thought it turned out pretty well!  I used Papillon Potpourri and Nature Walk, stamped in Soft Suede…some were stamped second generation, or “stamped off”….stamped once on scrap then stamped in a lesser strength on the paper.  I also stamped the flower from Blooming with Kindess in Pool Party, which is a little harder to see:
DSCF3920
and the thank you sentiment from the same set:
DSCF3921
Thanks for visiting today! 
Hmmm…..what shall I eat today?
DSCF3817

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love that paper and the stamping directly on it! A beautiful card! Jack tries to climb in the fridge!

Kristi said...

Very Pretty! I like the gorgeous patterned paper,and the stamps are so nice! I'm a sucker for birds!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

So pretty I just love it! I have always liked that stamp set, but have barely used it I will have to ink mine up soon.

Linda said...

Oh really cute. Love when it turns out better than you think it will. Hugs. Linda

Feikje said...

Nice card you made! Love the birds and butterflies!

Kara said...

very pretty!!
loving the pony tails!

MarvA1ix said...

Love your "experiment", and just have to go try some experimenting myself. I really like the simple look.

Cheryl Mooney said...

ooh, very, very pretty, LeAnne. The flower is lovely as a background, and your softly sponged scalloped circle makes me want to try one soon. I was just thinking that I was tired of my scalloped circle stamps but you've made me excited about them again. Thanks for sharing!!

Carol L said...

It looks like you're having fun with MDS! The card turned out so pretty and I love the colors! Today's Cassidy clip brings back memories of mine when they were young. There's so much to check out in the refrigerator!! lol