Friday, March 15, 2013

Lots of Green!

DSCF3262
Yay, it’s Friday!  I have a couple green cards today for you!  The first is a St. Pat’s card, and it is for the Papercraft Star challenge this week:
I printed out a vintage St Patrick’s Day postcard and mounted it on some green cardstock and DP from MME:
DSCF3261
There is hardly ANY stamping on this card!!  Just this tiny little tag, from another postcard, cropped and cut out, on which I added a little shamrock from Itty Bitties:
DSCF3263
This is also for the Just Add Ink challenge, which is to “just add green”!
My second card is a birthday card for my nephew, and it uses scraps from the above card and an image from The Alley Way:
DSCF3282
I colored my little frog with Copics, cut him out and popped him up;  the sentiment was punched with a circle punch and then sponged through a smaller mask for a fun effect!  The inside of the card has a computer-generated sentiment:  “We would never frog-et your birthday!”
DSCF3284
This card is for the Kraft Journal’s Lucky Green challenge as well as the  Retrosketches sketch 54:
Thanks for visiting today!
Cassidy is learning to play with a glue stick, stickers and punches!  She really likes putting the punched pieces back into the cardstock, like a puzzle!  Smart kid!
DSCF3246
DSCF3247
DSCF3248

14 comments:

Sylvia said...

Both cards are so fun, LeAnne, love the images, that frog is cute! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at the Papercraft Star.

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely card ... beautiful image and beautifully done ... and a cute little girl you have too! Many thanks for playing along at Papercraft Star!

Kristi said...

These are both so cute! Love the froggy and I've been hearing good things about Alley Way stamps! Looks like Cassidy is learning like a pro! She'll be blogging in no time!LOL

Linda said...

Oh I really love that adorable image. Were did you get that?
Cassidy is so sweet, smart and she is going to be one creative person.
Hugs,
Linda

Karen Letchworth said...

I just LOVE this image. I was SO thrilled when I saw all the adorable St. Patricks Day images available on-line. What a blessing. Your card is so darling. Thanks for sharing with us!
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Unknown said...

These are both adorable! I'm really fond of that little Irish girl! Thanks for the compliment, I am really enjoying neutral cards right now :) *hugs*

Narelle Farrugia said...

Two cards! Both are fabulous and yet so different! But my favourite would have to be the vintage card (of course) - love this image and the little tag you've created. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

Two great cards Leanne! Love the vintage postcard image, she is just the cutest and of course stripes and polka dots are my fave DSP.
Your second card just makes me smile...loving that frog!
Boy, Cassidy is growing up so fast and clearly gets her creativeness from you! Thanks for joining us at JAI.

Christine Blain said...

What gorgeous card, LeAnne! I just love the vintage St Patrick's Day card you made for our challenge ... all of the elements are just beautiful, and so well put together. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Terry said...

This frog is adorable. I love the way you colored the image, and I love your card!

Unknown said...

Love the clean and simple design of the froggie card...such a fun, beautifully colored image too! I plan to showcase your card on the Feature Me Friday segment of The Kraft Journal blog this Friday March 22, be sure to stop by to see the feature and pick up your Featured Artist button and thanks so much for playing along with us at The Kraft Journal too!

KimB said...

They are both fabulous green cards LeAnne. I love the sweet vintage image and how you backed it with the polka dot and stripe patterns. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Anonymous said...

Love both cards too. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week.

jengd said...

Congrats on being featured on the Kraft Journal with the frog card! Very cute!