Saturday, November 17, 2012

November Club Projects

DSCF0865-001

Happy Saturday, peeps!  Thought I would share with you what we made in our Hostess clubs this month.  But first, I wanted to show the little gift I made for my last hostess, Joan.  It’s a tin that I covered with some Natural Composition Specialty paper, then added some images from Day of Gratitude:

DSCF0866-001

DSCF0867 - Copy

Inside was a bunch of little goodies I collected over the last month!  Fun stuff!

Our first project was a little peppermint mocha instant coffee gift holder:

DSCF0935DSCF0936

Using the Two Tags die, I took a piece of 8 1/2 x  2 1/4” Marina Mist cardstock and folded it in half.  I placed it on the die with the fold just above the bottom of the tag and ran it through the Big Shot.  We wheeled it with the Jolly Jingles wheel, inked in Craft White, then added the Candy Cane from Scentsational Seasons stamped in Raspberry Ripple.  It is simply tied together, no adhesive necessary, with RR stitched ribbon.  A fun, easy project!

Next, we put pencils in the narrow cello bags and made a penguin topper with various punches.  I got the idea from Julie Davison and you can see hers here.

DSCF0938

And finally, we made one of those cool folded star ornament/tags, and you can see a great video tutorial by Dawn Olchefske here.

DSCF0939

DSCF0940

DSCF0941

I think everyone enjoyed making the projects!  Now I am looking forward to meeting some of my stamping friends tomorrow for a Holiday Card shoebox swap!  I am sure we’ll have some pictures to share!  And be sure to stop back to see my Paper Players card, and I am the hostess!!!  Thanks for visiting!

Cassidy is learning what “friends” are….she’s lined up her baby doll and her animals together because they are friends!

DSCF0789

DSCF0792

7 comments:

Kara said...

so many cool projects!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Well that tin is absolutely gorgeous and I love the fall colors and those leaves. Love the leaves. Your other projects look fun too. Who doesn't need a few extra little gifts during the holidays?

Patti J said...

Sounds like you and Cassidy both had fun with your friends! What fun projects! That tag is such a wonderful idea for stuffing in stockings, mailboxes, etc. All projects are fabulous, dear friend - thanks for sharing! Oh, and your tin is AMAZING :)

None None said...

Just gorgeous! I love all the projects you shared and that tin is so beautiful! Your stamping club is one blessed bunch!

Love how Cassidy is growing up!

Linda said...

Those are the best friends! She is so sweet!
Love the project! Your group will have a lot of fun with this project.

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!! I just love the peppermint mocha holder. LOVE how it matches! The hostess tin is so beautiful, too! So many great projects for your club!

~Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com

MarvA1ix said...

I have beem making some of the star ornaments for our craft sales. They get a lot of questions on "how do you make these?" they sure are fun.
Love the photos of gd with farm animals. It has convinced me that I want to buy the grandbabies their FP farm sets for Christmas. I still have my oldest son's farm set from his first Christmas in 1976.