Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Color Throwdown 109

It’s Wednesday, and that means CTD time!  Today Tammy is our hostess and she has chosen a fun, bright palette!  Check these colors out:

 swatch 109

I pulled out my little scallop envelope diecut (that I haven’t used in forever) and some of SU’s Patterns DP in Tammy’s colors to make my happy card today!  First, I used sketch #155 from Mojo Monday:

Mojo155Sketch

and lots and lots of hearts from the I {Heart} Hearts set:

DSCF0027

I don’t know if you can see the subtle design on the white paper---that is the Presto Patterns Specialty paper from SU; if you sponge or brayer it, the recessed design resists the color, but I thought it looked fun just by itself in all its pretty glossiness!  I layered some little hearts as my cute little “tag”:

DSCF0029

So now you need to hop on over to the Color Throwdown blog to play along too!  You can find all the details right there; you don’t even have to have the exact colors, just something close---we want you to have fun!  And now here are links to the other designers as well:

DSCF0028

  • Stamps:  I {Heart} Hearts
  • Paper:  Whisper White, Melon Mambo, Patterns DP in Melon Mambo, Pear Pizzazz, Tempting Turquoise & Daffodil Delight; Presto Patterns Specialty DP
  • Ink:  Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Daffodil Delight
  • Acc:  Nesties, Satin Ribbon, Large Heart Punch, Small Heart Punch, 3-Heart Punch, Scalloped Envelope Diecut,

25 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Eeeeek! Oh my word, girl, that is THE sweetest card! Love Love LOVE those colors against all the white, and how you did the hearts along the ribbon looks awesome!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable! LOVE how all these bright colors came together for you! The hearts hanging on the ribbon are sweet, and that white paper is COOL! I can't wait to see you use that more, especially with a resist on it!

Laura Pryor said...

Yep, this is one fabulous card!! You totally rocked these colors and the sketch as well. I love everything about this! Totally great design!

Bev J. said...

Love the scalloped envelope and that pretty white dp-need to check it out. Lovely card with all the pretty hearts!

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this should win some kind of an award. It is brilliant. I love it!!!!Just amazing!!!!

MelissaS said...

this is the most fabulous card I've seen in a while. I love this set, and it pairs wonderfully with this color combo!!

Broni said...

I love what a happy card this is! It definitely brings a smile to my face! Love all those hearts!! And I love the pictures of precious little Cassidy in the post below. She's an adorable little angel!!

ChristineCreations said...

So pretty and vibrant! Love the little hearts on the ribbon too!

Barbara said...

This is so bright and cheerful, LeAnne! I love all those hearts--especially those on the ribbon! What a stunning design!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE your envie full of hearts! So fun and cheerful in these happy colors!

Mary J said...

Wow, Leanne - GORGEOUS!!

Elise said...

This is TRULY one gorgeous and super delicious color palette, sweet LeAnne! I love how your card radiates love and is just BURSTING with joy! {Hmmmmm, sounds autobiographical! hee hee} Wonderful!

Romaine said...

Love this colour combo!

Karen said...

beautiful card and love these colors!

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a happy color palette for the CTD challenge this week! And your card couldn't be more perfect with those colors.

jaydee said...

LeAnne this is in one word... FABULOUS! I love the colors, the idea.... amazing!
hugs
jaydee

Anonymous said...

This is FAB. U. LOUS! Thanks for sharing!

Kathy Martin said...

This is fantastic! Love all those brightly colored hearts and the little ones on your ribbon! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

So fun and bright LeAnne...your card is just fabulous indeed!!! Love all the hearts and your take on the Mojo Sketch!!! Hugs ~S~

Glenda J said...

Absolutely fun and fantastic! I love it!

Mary Marsh said...

this is such a cute card leanne-love the colors in the throwdown challenge this week and your take on the mojo challenge is awesome

Holly said...

This is great.. What a cute idea with the envelope and Hearts... It's perfect for the Mojo sketch and the colors came out really good.

Lisa A. said...

This is wonderful!!!! Love the colors, creativity with your envelope and all those pretty hearts...SWEET!!!

dpkennedy said...

Very pretty! What a great design! The bright colors look fabulous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So fabulous! Love all those colorful hearts! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!