Sunday, April 13, 2008

Another Little Birdie



Well, I just can't get off my nature kick! I have been watching the birds at my feeder all weekend, and so I just had to make another bird card!! Again, this image is from Garden Pleasures. It is for Tammy's Stamp Happy Sketch, found here. I turned the sketch to make it fit my image better. It is also for the Inspiration Challenge, found here. I thought of the hat image when I saw this cow. I know, it's a stretch, but that's what I thought! The vanilla layer was stamped in very vanilla ink with Cornish Heritage Farm's Leaves #3 Backgrounder, which I have hardly ever used, then dabbed with a cotton ball and Barely Banana pastels for a nice,soft subtle look. The Bordering Blue panel was also stamped with the backgrounder in BB as well. The rest is pretty straightforward, I'll list the recipe at the end. Thanks for looking!


Stamps: Garden Pleasures (retired SU), Mixed Messages (Papertrey), Leaves #3 Backgrounder (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Paper: So Saffron, Dollar Store Miss Elizabeth's DP, Watercolor, More Mustard, Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Ink: Stazon Black, Night of Navy, Very Vanilla
Acc: Pastels, Aquapainter, Reinkers, Circle Punches, Linen Thread, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Tammy Hershberger said...

Awesome, LeAnne! The turning of the sketch makes for such an interesting design! I'm glad it works out for you that way! That's not something I remember to do with sketches. Thank you for playing my sketch challenge again! :)

Maren said...

What a great card!! Love the colors!

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful card LeAnne! what great colors - I love that bg stamp and wonderful bird on the hat!

Denise Marzec said...

I just LOVE this card...the DP is gorgeous (need to find it!) and the image is so cute!