Friday, March 14, 2008

Sorry I am MIA





I am so sorry that I have been missing in action! It has been a very busy week, and there isn't much of a let up until after Easter. I still don't have a camera, so I am pulling cards from my photo "stash" to post. A couple people let me know they were missing reading my blog, so I thought I'd better get back to it!
These two cards are from the cute SU set, "Crab & Company". The diorama card was based on a post from SCS here. While it is a little time-consuming, the finished result will really WOW your recipient! They'll know they are VERY special when they get this card. When it folds up, it fits a standard envelope, too. Just make sure you use Sticky Strip to adhere the layers, so it doesn't fall apart!! The images are stamped in black Stazon and colored with an aquapainter & inkpads.

The filmstrip card is just the little clam image stamped three times and mounted on a strip of black cardstock which has been punched with the SU spiral punch. This is a cute fun card that is a snap to make and looks impressive!
I don't have the exact recipes for these cards as they have long been sent out! But all products are SU. I just got a new SU order yesterday, haven't even had a chance to play yet, but hopefully I'll get some NEW NEW things on over the weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back on line! I absolutely love that diorama card! It WOWs me looking at it on screen. Very cool opening with the circles, and it works so much with the "theme". Hope you get a camera soon..can't wait to see what you do with your new toys!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!! That diorama is incredible!! WOW!! The filmstrip card is so cute. What a cool thing to use that punch for. Love it.

craftsbyjodi said...

how cute is that crab card!!!!! Well done on that one!!!! Glad to see your back up and posting! :) My mom is coming over this week with some SU goodies from the US. YAY!!! Can't wait!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, WOW! That diorama card is just amazing! What a lot of work that must have been, but it's so beautiful!