Saturday, January 19, 2008

Off to Mississippi







Well, I just said goodbye to my hubby (in the blue shirt), my pastor (with the wheelbarrow) and 12 others from my church as they drove off to the airport. They are on their way to Lagniappe Church in the gulf region of Mississippi to do post-Katrina construction work. Two others left yesterday with tools, suitcases and food. This is the 7th trip they will be making; they are teaming up with another church member who took a missionary job there. He sets up all the construction jobs and sends out the various teams to the necessary job sites. This is my husband's second trip; our first trip, on which we both went, was a month after the hurricane hit. The damage and destruction was incredible. This trip will only help a teeny tiny bit, but they are a committed congregation, and every little bit helps. During the planning of the trip, their Bible study was from Isaiah 61. I am sure this passage was their mission statement: "They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations." Even though this passage was about Israel, how applicable it is to our present time! Please pray for them as they travel, work and minister to these families.

2 comments:

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

How awesome!! LeAnne, you are so lucky to have such a wonderful hubby!! I will definately keep them all in my prayers! What a feel good post!! ~smo ;o)

Anonymous said...

This is my first visit to your site. You not only have great artwork to share, but also sharing your love of God. I want to say thank you to your church and their team of volunteers for all they are doing to help those in those much need. Darlene from Illinois.