Friday, July 27, 2018

AYSI181 What I'm Obsessed With


Hello peeps!  Friday, yay!!!  Yesterday turned out to be a lovely day, surprisingly, and we spent some time in the neighbor's pool!  Yippee!  Today is a new As You See It challenge, and it's a unique one:

No automatic alt text available.

Well, now....let me think...this WAS a challenge for me because I can find myself obsessed with any number of things!  BUT since I just received this new Subtle embossing folder, I find myself reaching for it quite often, so that's my "current" obsession!  Today I am using it with the Freshly Made Sketches sketch:


to make a birthday card for my BIL who happens to be a pilot!  I've been searching for a good airplane stamp for a while, and I finally found one at Unity!  This set is called For the Guys, and the images are a bit vintage, which I really like!


I used some Our Daily Bread Designs paper called Patriotic Collection, along with some layers of Real Red and Night of Navy.  The card base is a retired color, Bordering Blue, which was one of my favorites, and it was embossed with the Subtle EF.  Finally, I stamped the airplane:


and the sentiment both on a piece of paper from the same paper pad (dumb luck that the sentiment lined up so perfectly!!!) and added a couple of enamel stars after die-cutting the banner and fussy-cutting the plane.

 

I love the patriotic feel to this masculine card!  What are you obsessed with right now? I hope you'll play along at As You See It and show us what you can't live without, LOL!

Speaking of patriotic, we were at my SIL's house yesterday while she watched her grandsons....one of them just got this hat and he thought it was pretty snazzy....he wore it most of the day:


The rest of them just ate ice cream!!!



I think Remy was sad, he didn't have any ice cream!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Really cool masculine card, LeAnne! Love the patriotic colors of this! The old plane just stands out so nicely with the Subtle EF (which I only just got and haven't had a chance to play with it yet)! I love the look the EF creates! Your BIL is sure to love this! TFS and have a great day! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

I'm obsessed with Petal Promenade DSP but I think I've used up all my paper! I'll have a look see. Your bil will like his card. Cute hat too.

Dawn Tidd said...

Awesome card! Love the plane and papers you used with it. It really is patriotic and masculine? I just got the Subtle embossing folder and you've made me anxious to try it out! Have a wonderful weekend!

JoAnn said...

Love your masculine card. That Subtle EF looks really nice on the blue. Bordering Blue was one of my favorite blues also. TFS

I Card Everyone said...

We're all going to be obsessed with that folder, LeAnne! Don't stop, I haven't had enough of it yet!
Darling card for your family pilot!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

I was just looking at that embossing folder in my catalog that arrived today (thank you)! This is perfect for the fly boy in your family, he'll love it! Now THAT is one snazzy hat!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Many things to love about this card. The patriotic colors and the vintage look, for sure. I think I need that Subtle embossing folder too! :)

Linda Callahan said...

This is wonderful! Great colors - fabulous image and I love that embossing folder! Mine is on a UPS truck somewhere headed East!