Sunday, October 4, 2026

PP806 Theme Challenge from Ann

Happy Sunday, all! Hope you're having a good weekend! Ann is our Paper Players hostess with a fabulous theme challenge this week! 


Can you guess what it is?  Here we go:


I have had this landscape silhouette stamp set for a long while and I don't think I've ever used it!  It's from what used to be Sweet & Sassy stamps;  here's the whole card:


I began by blending colors of the sunset on a piece of Basic White, then added the verse and the deer image in Versafine Black ink. I am still "practicing" with blending, LOL!  I experimented on scrap paper with a couple of colors for the mountain range and believe it or not, ended up with Berry Burst! Who knew that would work?! I then mounted it on a Basic Black mat and added it to a Cajun Craze card base.  For a wee bit of interest, I diecut some stars, then added them around the verse.

I think Ann has chosen a lovely theme and I hope you'll play along with us.  Check out the fabulous ideas the rest of the Design Team came up with at the Paper Players blog!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Landscape Silhouettes (Sweet & Sassy), Psalm 150:6 (Verve)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Cajun Craze
 Ink Versafine Black, Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Timid Tiger, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Sports Event Dies, Blending Brushes

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you have been hiding a beauty! Such a gorgeous blended sunset for your peaceful scene and Psalm!
=]

Claire Broadwater said...

The sunset is just beautiful! You did a great job! The landscape silhouette and this special Bible verse is perfect. I love it! Such a pretty color combo! Have a great week, My Friend!

Christy Lynn said...

I think your blended sky looks great, LeAnne! It reminds me of The Lion King with the colors you chose. Great take on Ann's theme and I hope you have a wonderful week!

Karen in Florida said...

Beautiful colors, LeAnne! I can't believe the color is Berry Burst!
I really love the sentiment!

Jan Clothier said...

Lovely silhouette landscape, LeAnne. It is hard to believe that the colour is Berry Burst! I like the way you've created that large sunset and let it overwhelm the land, just as the sky does to us in real life. :-)

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful and powerful, LeAnne! The bold and inspirational sentiment pairs so well with the scenic strip. I LOVE this image. This stamp is definitely a keeper. Thank for creating this gorgeous card for my challenge. Have a wonderful week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think your blending is coming on nicely LeAnne - that sunset is so atmospheric and I love the tiny deer which give real depth to the scene. Your psalm is the perfect accompaniment too. Beautiful!