Thursday, September 24, 2026

A Note of Thanks

 Happy Thursday, peeps!  Today I get my other cataract done---I am really looking forward to having this procedure over with, LOL!  Meanwhile, I have a card to share for two challenges:  Hand Stamped Sentiments has a sketch, and Retro Rubber has a Tic-Tac-Toe board.  Here we go:





I chose the middle row across of splatter/leaves/kraft!  So here we go:


I was going through some of my DSPs and came across this splatter pattern, and I thought it would make an interesting fall card since the colors are not traditionally used for fall!  I diecut a circle and stitched leaves from Pool Party, Basic Beige and Pecan Pie, piecing everything together, then added a sentiment from the Thank You Kindly set (2008), diecut with a banner die.  A wee bit of Coastal Cabana twine was separated, then made into a bow for a little accent:


I think this is a fun, non-traditional way to use these leaves!  

I wanted to give a shout out to my friends Kathy and Michele for sending me these cute cards as I was "recovering" from my cataract surgery:

First, Kathy's:


I love the colors and the glasses!  And here's Michele's, in her own inimitable style:


I think I could probably see this one WITHOUT glasses or surgery!  Fun colors and I love all the fonts against that cute embossing!  Thanks, ladies!  I appreciate the thoughts!

And I appreciate all of your visits! Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Thank You Kindly (2008, ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Beige, Crumb Cake, Pecan Pie, Pool Party, Hobby Haven DSP
 Ink Pecan Pie
Accessories Cool Caribbean Twine (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Stitched Leaves Dies (ret)

2 comments:

lisa808 said...

Best wishes for your surgery.

I Card Everyone said...

I've always loved non-traditional colors at Christmas but never thought to bring them to Fall cards - this is brilliant! LOve the leaf cut into the circle!
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers today, LeAnne! I'm so glad you liked your card - it strained MY eyes getting those letters straight! LOL x
=]