Pages

Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2026

Blessed Christmas Tides

Happy Saturday, all! I have a Christmas card for you today; it was sort of a test, but it didn't come out too bad, but I will definitely be attempting this again, it was fun!  The 52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants to see cards made with the Fractured Technique (there is a link on their blog), and the Jingle Belles want to see stickers!  I just happened to use a sticker on my card, so yippee!


Here we go:


My vintage panel is from Cathe Holden's Christmas Flea Market Finds' Loving Christmas Wishes stickers.  I cut a couple of strips from Poppy Parade using the Taylored Expressions Easy Strips dies...these were 1/2" and I think they're just a wee bit overpowering for my image.  Next time I'll try the 1/4" ones!  They all went on a One Horse Sleigh DSP from a couple of years ago.


I added a Simon Says Stamp Pretty Bow 2 diecut, shabbying it up a bit with some Crumb Cake ink, and an old sentiment from Cornish Heritage Farms on the inside.  


This technique is incredibly easy and really eye-catching! I will definitely be trying it again, because heaven knows I have a plethora of Christmas papers!!! 

I belong to a knitting/crocheting/crafting group at my church and it is full of extremely talented women!  My friend Claudia recently created this afghan.....it was a labor of love and it took a LONG time:


Each white stripe is crocheted in a different stitch, and all the stars were crocheted, then sewn on individually!  (She said they almost did her in!!!)


I've convinced her to enter it in the Solanco fair--I hope she wins!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Vintage Christmas Expressions (Cornish Heritage Farms)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade, One Horse Sleigh DSP (ret), Cathe Holden Stickers
 Ink Crumb Cake, Poppy Parade
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Easy Strips 1/2" Dies (Taylored Expressions), Pretty Bows 2 Dies (Simon Says Stamp)

7 comments:


  1. Your card came out great, I love it. Not sure I want to try the technique, it looks difficult. I particularly love the focal panel, you know how I feel about florals! And that Afghan, wow! I hope your friend wins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! I have never done a fractured card but they look easy! Great choice of papers and that sweet little diecut bow is a lovely addition! Your friends crochet quilt is absolutely amazing! Never seen anything like it! Definitely a blue ribbon winner! It's gorgeous! TFS and Happy Saturday...the weather is beautiful this morning....enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LeAnne, your stripes are wonderful and I wouldn't change a thing about their size! Your little sticker fits your frame and love of all things vintage, too! It's my first time seeing this technique and will go watch the video - but not until after I say how amazed I am over your friend's flag! Unbelievably stunning! I hope she wins, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is just lovely and your friend is one VERY talented lady ~ WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ... that sticker looks like a true vintage card find ... and what the perfect layout to frame it ... so glad you got STUCK on Christmas with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your vintage finds for your card. Your card came together so well.
    Also I love crocheting and I am in awe of your friends afghan.
    Once again, thanks for creating your card for my August technique challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that is such a gorgeous sticker and the perfect centerpiece for that fun "fracture" technique which I totally want to try now! So pleased you could be Stuck on Stickers with us at Jingle Belles! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!