Tuesday, June 11, 2013

ColourQ 193 Times THREE!


Happy Tuesday, peeps!  It’s time for another fun inspiration photo from Arielle to introduce today’s ColourQ colors:

How fun is this?  I can honestly say that no men in my family – brother, dad, husband(s), EVER wore a Hawaiian shirt!!!   But if they did, this one would be a cool one to wear!  But  I really, really, struggled with these colors!  In fact, I made THREE cards before I was semi-happy!  Yikes!  Here’s the final one that I made:


I used the RetroSketches sketch #67 for this one;  the next one was for a 16-year-old’s birthday….I what 16–year-old girl doesn’t like flip flops?  I used an acrylic block to make my color blocks:


It also uses the CASE Study  challenge #144 from this week:

And finally, I wanted to send a card to my nephew in SC who just got his learner’s permit (by the skin of his teeth, according to my sister!), so I conjured this up in My Digital Studio….a one-layer card that fits the Less Is More challenge of “Need for Speed”:


LOL!  When was the last time you used eyelets?!!  This was real fun to make and being it’s one-layer, I won’t feel bad if he tosses it in the trash!!!

So….what do these colors conjure up in your mind?  Share your creation with us at the ColourQ blog where there are an amazing array of samples for you to peruse as well!  Can’t wait to see what you make!

Grampy helped Cassidy build a b-i-g tower of blocks….just look at that gleam in her eye….you know what she wants to do to it!


Yep….down it goes!


Blog button 21-002


  1. I have a tough time with teal too, not one of my faves. But your did a great job LeAnne, these are all fun!! Little stinker Cassidy, I knew what the next picture would be ;)

  2. Greetings from Denver until tonight when I fly back home. LOL! Darling darling cards today my friend. Going sightseeing. Happy Stamping.

  3. Wonderful cards! I love how you used the acrylic block for your background stamping. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week :)

  4. Adorable cards! Wonderful choice of colors! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

  5. Oh yes that look says it all Cassidy. Fun with Grampy:)
    I really like this butterfly card. Way to master these tough colours. The flip flops look so fun. Are they paper pieced? They sure look it and I love that look.

  6. You've done a wonderful job on these colors, LeAnne! I love all 3 of these cards! Tough colors!

  7. Yeah for the big tower, well done job Cassidy!
    Love all the cards I see here! Love the one with the little car.
    Out here in California the guys wear Hawaiian shirts all the time especially on Fridays, My husband can always be seen wearing his Tommy Bahama shirt. Maybe it's a California thing.

  8. The flip flops are a fun take on the CASE study challenge.

  9. These are all awesome! I especially like the one with the flip-flops!

  10. AS I told you before I like all three takes--clean, CAS, grungey. The blue patterned paper is so sweet.

  11. Great stuff- fabulous CASE study piece!!

  12. Fun LIM card LeAnne... and the pics are great fun too!
    Thanks so much
    "Less is More"

  13. Apparently that's the best part of playing with blocks - knocking them down! Love all the cards LeAnne, with this gorgeous colour scheme, but my favourite has to be the flip flops. What a great background you've made with the blocks!

  14. LeAnn, all three cards are awesome! Hugs ~S~


Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!