Sunday, January 15, 2012

Paper Players 78

DSCF0587

Happy Sunday!  Today I am the hostess at the Paper Players, and I have a color challenge for you:

Initially, I had chosen the  upcoming Sale-a-bration designer paper, Everyday Enchantment, as my inspiration for this challenge, but since I had just used it several times last week, I decided to change it up a bit.  That created a problem, as I just could not create a card that suited me!!!  I ended up making THREE!  Here is the one I shared on the Paper Players blog:

DSCF0588

This is actually a left-over from yesterday’s card; the frame is the leftover watercolor paper from my focal image; the Blushing Bride paper is leftover from the DP I used!  I stamped and pieced the flower & leaves from the Fabulous Florets and cut out some words with the Timeless Type alphabet dies.  It’s a little thing, only about 3 1/2” but I think it’s sweet!

Okay, so here is my second attempt, a baby congrats note card for one of my stamp camp girls:

DSCF0590

I did some paper piecing and watercoloring with the Baby Bundle and Friendly Phrases set. 

And third, I CASE’d this card from my teamie Nance, loosely using the Create with Connie & Mary sketch for this week as well as the CASE Study challenge 73:

PP78-LeAnne

I used some of the new SAB skinny organdy ribbon and “frizzled” it with my heat tool (wrap it around a skewer and clip it first) to give it a more “festive” look:

DSCF0584

Phew, you’re probably worn out from looking at cards, so scoot on over to the Paper Players and show us what you can create with these pretty spring colors!  Can’t wait to see them!

159_5611

22 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I want to pick her up and eat her...So so so so so sweet is all I can say but I ama softee for jeans and tops like she has on!!!! YILES she is cute. Oh yeah and thank you LeAnne for such a sweet note and choosing my pop up heart as a winner! You made my day! Hugs~Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really went to town with these colors! I love all 3 cards and I ADORE what you did with the 3rd one. Using the negative space is such a cool look and the frizzled ribbon is fabulous! Tickled at your shout-out, too, my friend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. forgot to say...LOVE the pic of Cassidy in your pots 'n' pans cabinet. At that age, Arden had a tupperware cabinet in the kitchen that was "hers" and oh, how she loved it! Looks like Cassidy does too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could look at hundreds of your cards and pictures of you GB. I would never get tired. Alway love it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have created three fabulous cards...each with its own perfect touch! I love the heat treated ribbon on your Valentine card, and the hearts on the "i" in "Hi" are so creative. Your baby card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you print out all the photos you're taken of Cassidy? Don't depend on your blog to carry them. That's what I did, and when my blog got hacked - I lost YEARS of history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all three of your cards, but the 3rd one is really a favorite! The heated ribbon gives your card great energy!! I'm totally hooked on watching Cassidy grow up - thanks for including pictures of her adventures in the world!! dona s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cassidy looks like she really wants to get into that cabinet. She is so cute. I love your cards, especially the first one. It absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    Linda D.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LeAnne, these are all so pretty! I don't have Blushing Bride or Calypso Coral, so if I have time to play, I'd have to 'wing it' with some other similar colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow your granddaughter is getting so big! She looks so grown up!!! Love your cards too...love that color combo~!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving them all, Leanne :) You have rocked this colour combo big time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. LeAnne ~ these cards are fabulous!!!! I'm hoping to play along as well...just can't seem to put my knitting needles down...Cassidy, you are SO stinkin' adorable..oh..and I love what you've done with the ribbon ~ can't wait to try that too..thanks so much for the inspirations LeAnne ~ enjoy your day *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love the ribbon touch LeAnne! Will have to give that a try. Love the cards and little Cassidy too by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These colours look good anyway you use them! Great ribbon treatment on the CCMC card and the other cards are wonderful as always. I love the colours this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable cards!! Total cuteness.

    ...and I have to say, your granddaughter looks SOOOOOO grown up in that outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at you with the trifecta of creativity! All of your cards are beautiful and I love that each one is so different while showcasing those gorgeous colors. That baby card makes me smile...I need to make one and you totally inspired me. Thanks for the great challenge this week, my friend!

    When did Cassidy get so big? Sheesh, it seems like it happened overnight. She's just adorable...eeek, those blue eyes!! She's going to be a heart-breaker, indeed! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Never tire from looking at your cards no matter how many you have posted in a day!!!! There ALL beautiful! How about taking the heat gun to the ribbon......COOL idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the cards and of course your sweet gd too!! I must be especially dense today but for the life of me I cannot figure out how you made the cutout hearts on the third card. Can you share the secret with me? Thanks! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good day my dear ~ just want to wish you a very Happy Anniversary ~ I hope you have a wonderful day ~ blessings to you and John *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  20. All I can say is wow! All three cards are fantastic in their own way, I especially LOVE the heart card and the way you did the ribbon:) And what an awesome colour combo (can't wait to play along this week)

    It's amazing how big Cassidy is getting, she is just so sweet. I love seeing her grow up on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Leanne, All three cards are BEAUTIFUL!!! I am loving that color combo and the skinny organdy ribbon all curled is so darling. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!