Thursday, June 16, 2011

WT327 & CSC44

DSCF0021

I had an eye doctor’s appointment today, so I am stamping with one eye---very awkward, I must say!  I had a chance to play with some new SU sets:
Array of Sunshine and Happiest Birthday Wishes.  These will both be available in the upcoming catalog!  The WT327 challenge at SCS was to use vellum---something I have neglected for a while!  And I am playing Chupa’s CASE Study challenge for the first time!  Here is the inspiration card she is asking us to CASE:

CHUPA44

Isn’t that a beauty?!  Since I am stamping sort of blind-sided, I chose to do a very simple card with a Tangerine Tango base and a vellum overlay that was embossed and punched:

DSCF0019

Everything is pretty self-explanatory; I sewed the vellum on; cut out the flowers & leaves, added some glitter to the centers:

DSCF0018

and used my stamp-a-ma-jig to realign the letters of the sentiment.  Thanks for visiting today!

DSCF0017

DSCF0012-2

Uh oh—what’s going on here?  Closet door open, door stop out from under the door, and the play mat totally upside down; hmmmm, must be a 10-month old on the loose!

  • Stamps:  Array of Sunshine, Happiest Birthday Wishes
  • Paper:  Tangerine Tango, WW, Vellum Cardstock
  • Ink:  Tempting Turquoise, Wild Wasabi
  • Acc:  Perfect Polka Dots EF, Eyelet Border Punch, Taffeta Ribbon, DD Glitter, Marker, Dimensionals

12 comments:

  1. this is hilarious ~ not your card, as always, your cards are fabulous, LeAnne you inspire me so much, just haven't done a whole lot lately, too busy in my garden...but Cassidy...hmmm...maybe gramma won't notice with one eye, so let's get into something ~ little monkey ~ lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - great use of vellum - looks great

    Here we go! Cassidy is now a "mover and a shaker" - GM will have to wear roller skates to keep up. Doesn't seem possible she's alread 10 mo - mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhhh.. love the softness of this one! beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful card, even done one-eyed :) love the colors.

    Cassidy's expression is precious !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sewing on the vellum, great idea!
    The new sentiment is nice - these previews are tantalizing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That vellum overlay is FABULOUS! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I love the vellum overlay on this beauty!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study this week!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't use my vellum often enough; thanks for a great idea for it! I must try it this week! As always, loving the pictures of DGD.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card Leanne, but has stiff competition from your gorgeous little grand daughter- what a little cutie, you must be such a proud grandma!
    Thanks for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yay! I'm so glad to see you playing along, LeAnne! It's a wonderful take, I'm really dig the vellum :)
    I hope your appointment went well, big hugs to the cutest baby Cassidy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this card, Leanne!!! Very striking! Yesterday I finally had a chance to make my version and it turned out great; thanks for the inspiration AND thanks for constant pixs of your cutie DGD.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! I love hearing from you! If you have a question, please be sure to include an email address so I can respond to you quickly!